Art of War

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

decaro

Art of War

Post by decaro »

I caught the Art of War on the HC last night and except for a few miscues -- confusing a PIAT w/a bazooka -- I thought it was an entertaining and informative presentation.

However, Rbt E Lee was unfairly criticized at Gettysburg for not sending cavalry to scout ahead of his forces.

JEB Stuart was assigned that task, but instead he was out glory-hunting and arrived back too late to be of any benefit to Lee's intel assessment of what he was up against.

That said, Lee's ambiguous orders to Buell to take the high ground and lee's refusal to take Longstreet's advice to abandon the field and head to DC was on target.

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
sol_invictus

RE: Art of War

Post by sol_invictus »

I was surprised and delighted to find this on the HC last night. This is the kind of programming that the HC has gotten away from to their detriment imo. Yeah they were fairly harsh on Lee but he was ultimately responsible. I hope they start showing more actual history from now on. If I see any more new Axe Men/Ice Road Trucker /Monster Quest type shows pop up I will go nuts.
"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero
decaro

Post by decaro »

ORIGINAL: Arinvald

I was surprised and delighted to find this on the HC last night. This is the kind of programming that the HC has gotten away from to their detriment imo ...

One could almost wish for a series where every major battle in history was examined in light of the principles of the AoW, but it might prove too ambitious a project.
Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.[center]Image[/center]
[center]"The Angel of Okinawa"[/center]
Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II
sol_invictus

Post by sol_invictus »

Yeah that would be great!
"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Return to “General Discussion”