OT: Quesion

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Przemcio231

OT: Quesion

Post by Przemcio231 »

hello i have a strange question any one know how can i get 1st Cav Division Colored shoulder path for the ACU uniform with Velcro attachment??? the same go's for 2 small squre Lt. Insignia and US army path that go's to your chest[:D] tryed e-bay but hard to find anything in one place so to save on shipping and i cant find the colored unit path anywhere[:(]

Pinky: Hey Brain what are we goeing to do this evening?
Brain: The Usual Pinky we will try to take over the World;)
BB57

RE: OT: Quesion

Post by BB57 »

JWE

Post by JWE »

Why do you want these things?
Przemcio231

Post by Przemcio231 »

To my ACU uniform[:D] Thanks for the ling but those patches there need to be sewed to your shoulder and i need them on Velcro;)

rtrapasso

Post by rtrapasso »

Er... why not just attach velcro to the back of the patch... you can either sew or "glue" it on... a fabric adhesive (such as Mighty Mendit - i'll assume something similar is available in Europe) works well on velcro.
rjopel

Post by rjopel »

The color patches don't come on Velcro.  The color is only worn on the dress uniform.  The subdued velcro is what is worn on the field uniform.
Ryan Opel
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

if you are using the colored patch for historical re-enactment, I believe the color patch was removed from fatigues approx 1967?

skrewball

Post by skrewball »

www.rangerjoes.com

Is another good supply site.
"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PeteG662

Post by PeteG662 »

An ACU would not have a colored patch, only a subdued patch. Dress uniforms have colored patches. There are some excpetions to these general rules but the 1st Cav patch is not one of them. Also, are you aware of the symbols on the patch from Vietnam era when they lost their colors......"The horse they never rode, the bridge they never crossed and the color describing the troops who ran away and lost their colors". Common knowledge in the US Army.

You can also find these items at: http://www.uscav.com/

Przemcio231

Post by Przemcio231 »

Cool site damn but there is no way in hell i can pay as i do not have a credit card[:(] so i think im stuck to ebay until some person got those and will accept payment in $ send by mail[:)]

Any way thanks for the info what other stuff i need to make my ACU look realistic??

juliet7bravo

Post by juliet7bravo »

"to make my ACU look realistic"

Move to USA, join the Army, get all the patches you want.  They'll even throw a free haircut, realistic looking ID card, and an entire duffle bag full of assorted official (made in China) US Army junk into the deal.  If you talk fast, you could probably even get repeated, back-to-back tours in the 'stan as a free bonus.

But wait...there's more! As a free, one-time-only-offer, they'll assign you your own personal trainer, and a lifetime health club membership!!! NO extra charge! What are you waiting for? Unc'l Sugar wants YOU!
Przemcio231

Post by Przemcio231 »

Hehe i think they are not acepting foreginers[:D] besides that would upset my GF[:D] Any way i don't think they want grunts with a Law Degree[:D]

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”