Technical problem with graphics

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

Andreas1966

Technical problem with graphics

Post by Andreas1966 »

I just installed SPWAW 8.20 and applied allt the patches up to v8403. Almost everytime I start the game the graphics look like like this:

http://www.yourupload.de/show/d/1325/r5tiY7UV.jpg

Starting directly from the mech.exe doesn't make any difference. Can anybody give me a hint how I can change this? [&:]

System: Vista 32bit
Monitor: Widescreen 1680x1050
JEB Davis

RE: Technical problem with graphics

Post by JEB Davis »

Since you say "Almost everytime..." that means some of the time it looks good.  So my advice is to make sure you turn off as many background processes as you can before starting the game, it doesn't like to share with other programs.  Also, does Alt-Tabbing back & forth clear up the display?
Reduce SP:WaW slaughter, "Low Carnage":
Settings: 80Spot,80Hit,100R/R,XXXTQ,110TkT,150InfT,180AvSoft,130AvArm,150SOFire / Command & Ctrl ON / AutoRally OFF
Enhanced http://enhanced.freeforums.org
Depot https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawdepot/
planner 3

Post by planner 3 »

My suggestion would be to set a "shortcut" from the "Mech.exe file" in your Spwaw file folder.  2.) delete ur steel.prf file in the SAVE folder, and follow JEB Davis's recommendation above.   Good Luck and repeeat after me, if all else fails...."Our father.......amen. [:D][8D] 
"As Pogo said, 'We have met the enemy and he is us' "
Andreas1966

Post by Andreas1966 »

First of all: Thanks a lot for your help, folks! In 4 of 5 cases it works fine now.
And "Alt + Tab" helps if the colors are not displayed correctly, so I can live with that. [:)]
ORIGINAL: planner 3
My suggestion would be to set a "shortcut" from the "Mech.exe file" in your Spwaw file folder. 

There already is a shortcut to the mech.exe named "SPWAW Quick Link"! Or do you mean something different? [&:]

Regards
Andreas
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Andreas1966
ORIGINAL: planner 3
My suggestion would be to set a "shortcut" from the "Mech.exe file" in your Spwaw file folder. 

There already is a shortcut to the mech.exe named "SPWAW Quick Link"! Or do you mean something different? [&:]
Steel Panthers World At War Quick Start
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
Andreas1966

Post by Andreas1966 »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen
Steel Panthers World At War Quick Start

That's the shortcut I meant. Thanks! [:)]
planner 3

Post by planner 3 »

Either one will work for a shortcut....When i first installed ver 3.2 I coulbn't find anything I couls use except mech.exe, so once attached it stayed that way, someday I may look into Quick Start etal.  Glad ur working OK
cesteman

Post by cesteman »

Anyone know how I can fix game crashes? Almost always happens at different times. I am saving alot just to get around the problem. Thanks.
planner 3

Post by planner 3 »

Run SPwaw with nothing running in the background, she's an old RAM hog, she who must be obeyed takes all it can find. She does not share the machine with any other function. Miss piggy is only for herself. Hope I made it clear, she's a glutton for RAM.[&o][:-][8D]
cesteman

Post by cesteman »

I noticed that. I checked my cpu usage and it's around 50%. I thought it was alot for an old program. I don't have anything running in the background except my anti-virus.
planner 3

Post by planner 3 »

You don't need antivirus running if your not on line, this old gal (Spwaw) dont have any social diseases. You just shut that AV off and see what happens.   Try it you'll like it.
cesteman

Post by cesteman »

Yeah, I'll try it next time I play.

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”