Forlorn Hopes: The Japanese Respond

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

John 3rd

RE: Thanks Gang!

Post by John 3rd »

Thank you guys. 

Dan and I spent a lot of time writing these.  We certainly have differing styles with how we wrote them and that is pretty cool.  No two AARs are alike (unless written by the same person!). 

I really recommend the experience as an avid player.  It really provides for a unique perspective and opens the door to all sorts of things. 

MrPlow--What movie is that video clip from?

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
MrPlow9

Post by MrPlow9 »

Haha its from Citizen Cane, I thought his expression was applicable to this bitter-sweet ending. As I said before, thank you for all the time you put into this game and AAR, I loved reading it over the many months!
BTW, you have a new addict for your next "Allied Perspective" AAR aswell lol.
SierraJuliet

Post by SierraJuliet »

Well played John. I enjoyed the reading.
Kido Butai, although powerful, was a raiding force, and this is exactly how the Japanese understood its usage. 'Shattered Sword'
Panther Bait

Post by Panther Bait »

Great AAR John, it has been a fascinating read.  And best of luck on the legal woes.  I think it is safe to say that we are all pulling for you.

Mike

When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the ass with a banjo.

Nathan Dogan, USS Gurnard
NormS3

Post by NormS3 »

My first post as I have only posted in Canoerebels AAR. I have been reading yours and have truly enjoyed it. I have learned a great deal from you and your "imperial general staff", and so hopefully use this knowledge in my future games.

Great job and the best of luck!
EWGuttag

Post by EWGuttag »

John,

Definitely a great AAR from you and Dan.  Good luck and Good Hunting with your other AAR!
/Eric W. Guttag/
Misconduct

Post by Misconduct »

I thank you John for giving me plenty of ideas and help (by reading your AAR), much appreciated with your AAR even though I haven't said much, you truly are a great player and wish you best of luck in your next game!
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Thanks again fellas.  I'm thinking of reaching back for that open Thread Discussion of our game for Dan and I to contribute to now that this is finished.

tocaff

Post by tocaff »

Thanks to both of you for sharing your war, entertaining us and teaching us many lessons. 

John I hope all goes well for you and that your life returns to a normal, happy routine ASAP.
Todd

I never thought that doing an AAR would be so time consuming and difficult.
www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2080768
USSAmerica

Post by USSAmerica »

John, I just got caught up on the last two weeks of real time in your AAR.  Congratulations and thank you to both you and Dan on a fine, entertaining, and informative war!  [&o]

Have you read through Dan's AAR yet to sync up with what you saw from your side?  [:)]

As always, you have my best wishes for things to work out in your favor in RL!  Stay strong, Emperor!  BANZAI!!! [8D]
Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Thanks!

I have not had the time to catch-up yet.  I've read through January 1, 1943.  Takes some serious time.  Wish I could have the AARs side-by-side to read.

vettim89

Post by vettim89 »

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Thanks!

I have not had the time to catch-up yet.  I've read through January 1, 1943.  Takes some serious time.  Wish I could have the AARs side-by-side to read.

Oh the moments I am sure you already have had. There are gonna be some good ones comig up. Wish I could sit next to you when you read some of the things your are about to read, Just to see the look on your face
"We have met the enemy and they are ours" - Commodore O.H. Perry
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

There are some UNCANNY parallels between the thinking of each of us.  Sort of scary...

Return to “After Action Reports”