Ticket to Ride PC Game - Free for a Few Days

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Adam Parker

Ticket to Ride PC Game - Free for a Few Days

Post by Adam Parker »

Just a heads up further to my recent post about the board game (which we're still loving).

For those of us who own any of the Days of Wonder board titles such as "Ticket to Ride", "Memoir 44" and/or "Battlelore", you can now download the PC version of TtR for free.

The Days of Wonder Online site provides the details but if you've registered one of these games before April 8th (I think), you'll be given the ability to download a non-web version of the game for free, complete with enhanced graphics. Again IIRC this promo lasts only for a couple more days.

If not, you'll be able to buy the game as a download for ~$10 USD. This will also give you "permanent" access to online play. DOW owners get a 10% voucher for each title owned.

Basically, as the game now has thousands of players online, DOW wants to charge everyone a one-off $10 for online access (ie: DOW owners and non-owner guests). A good move imo, if it ensures maintenance of the online game arena - and well worth the value for the off-line version of the game you recieve too.

In my case as I own TtR, Memoir and Battlelore, I've managed to download the TtR off-line game, the 1910 expansion, the European map and the Switzerland expansion for free. The game offers solo offline play and access to the online arena.

Very cool [8D] And talk about a great, highly intuitive UI - this game is worth $50 USD imo.

PS: Apologies if I've got any of the date facts wrong here - but you get the gist.

Return to “General Discussion”