Textiles total produced for country turns red?

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

jjdenver

Textiles total produced for country turns red?

Post by jjdenver »

Hi,

I'm playing Russia in 1796 scenario. No matter how many textiles I set my provinces to produce the total textiles for my country seems stuck at 10 and that 10 is red in the development screen. I am producing a lot of wool - something like 60 so I don't think it's red because I don't have enough wool to convert to textiles.

Also the amount of cotton for my country shows as a negative number - why would this be and how can I prevent it?

Any idea what is going on here?

Thanks
AARS:
CEAW-BJR Mod 2009:
tm.asp?m=2101447
AT-WW1:
tm.asp?m=1705427
AT-GPW:
tm.asp?m=1649732
henri51

RE: Textiles total produced for country turns red?

Post by henri51 »

I don't know for sure, but textiles requires wool or cotton, and you might be using more than you are producing. If you produce wool, it can only be converted to textiles on the next move. Did you try producing more wool? Also I believe that producing ships requires a lot of textiles.

Henri
Houtje

Post by Houtje »

Yes, I believe 1 textile produced uses up 4 cotton OR 4 wool. You have to put men into wool/cottonproduction as well as into textiles: it is the same slider in the allocation screen, I think, but some provinces are good at producing wool or cotton, while others are good at using these to produce textiles. All in all, textiles are rather expensive to produce. The negative number is indeed caused by textile production using up cotton. Not to woory, as russia can produce lots of wool instead.
mullinFOAD

Post by mullinFOAD »

The numbers for textiles should change once you play a turn or two. They sort of lag behind a turn, the wool you make turn 1 will be used on turn 2 to make the textiles.
Alex Gilbert

Post by Alex Gilbert »

I believe mullinFOAD has it right. Think of the textiles number you set your provinces to as the maximum capacity for that province assuming you have enough raw material. However, you have to have the cotton and wool already made and in hand to actually make the textile. So if you have 60 wool (already in hand) then you should be able to produce 15 textiles.

I have only played Britain and France thus far, but for those countries, my textile capacity is never limiting, it is always the wool/cotton supply that does me in.

The negative number for cotton (or wool) I believe means how much you will have next turn relative to what you have now.
Suppose you have 60 wool, can make 12 textile, and are producing 40 wool. You will use 48 wool to make the 12 textile, leaving 12 wool remaining, and then you will make 40 wool-- giving a total of 52 for next turn. What you should see is -8 for your country total under wool, because you had 60 to start this turn, and will have only 52 to start next turn.

I have also found my current turn cotton supply to be 0 and the country total listed as changing to -1. I belive this is due to feudal demand. I am not sure what penalty, if any, is assigned due to the fact that I do not have enough cotton to meet this feudal demand.

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”