Sked Error - Assn Halted

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderator: puresimmer

motnahp

Sked Error - Assn Halted

Post by motnahp »

I made my own 2008 schedule in the OOTP6 format, matching the actual 2008 MLB sked.

On Day 230 (August 17th) of the assn, the season halted due to my schedule error. On the sixth game of Day 230 (White Sox @ A's), I had the following line in my created sked:

I should've had 230,6,12,1

I am unable to import a corrected sked.

Is it possible to access the assn sked within this season to make the correction? I wouldn't sweat it too much if it were stuck on April 17th, but August 17th is a different story.
"Better to sleep with old hen than pullet" - Redd Foxx
Wrathchild

RE: Sked Error - Assn Halted

Post by Wrathchild »

Did you try the PS_SKED utility at http://home.insightbb.com/~steven.lucey/crashdavis.html? I've never used it so I don't know exactly what it does, but hopefully it would allow you to edit the schedule.
J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)
motnahp

Post by motnahp »

Hmmmm. It's worth trying. I'll just make a copy of the assn. and see if it works with the copy. Thanks for the idea.
motnahp

Post by motnahp »

Wow[:)]. I don't know what to say. I had long ago downloaded the utility, but was "scared away" by the disclaimer at the bottom. I figured, though, what the heck. The worst that could happen is that I ruin a copy of an association that's dead in the water.

The first attempt was unsuccessful. I changed my Team # 121 to 12, then closed out the utility. It did not take in PS (which was not loaded at the time).

I tried again with PS loaded and minimized. Sholey Hit Matban I think it worked. I looked at my PS games scheduled for August 17th and I saw what I wanted to see. Now I play the day out and see if the sked continues onto the 18th. I think it will.......fingers crossed.
motnahp

Post by motnahp »

All looks well. I did a quick sim of the CWS @ OAK game of 8/17. As a longtime A's fan, I was impressed that Jack Cust hit a walk-off homer to give Oakland the 4-3 win. I simmed all the other games and they went off without a hitch. I also checked box scores, team calendars and expanded team results. Everything looked great.

Crash & Wrath, the best I can do is buy you both a PC drink. Hope it's your brand and thanks a bunch ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Wrathchild

Post by Wrathchild »

Glad everything is working. It's a horrible moment when something technical goes wrong with an association that you've spent a lot of time on. I'll just keep telling myself, 'It's only a game....'.
J.G. Wrathchild, Manager, St. Louis Cardinals (1900-1906), Brooklyn Superbas (1907, 1908)

Return to “Tech Support”