Naval forage

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Kingmaker

Naval forage

Post by Kingmaker »

HiHi

Someone asked me this and I ain't a clue!

Individual ships have the supply/forage toggle, fleets ,unlike armies dont.

Now I have always assumed that if you run a Fleet into Port Province eg Sevastapol, then the supply cost for the fleet will be redused while there, as with armies in a city.

So, if say I have a fleet in a Port province and switch the indevidual ships to forage, that pressumably uses up some of that provinces forage allowance ??? If so, how much per ship?

?? Err seems a bit odd but does forage work for ships in sea zones ???

Any help appreciated.

All the Best
Peter

Gresbeck

RE: Naval forage

Post by Gresbeck »

See also this thread.

I think the point is that naval units don't need and don't spend any supply or forage (but I may be wrong, probably they spend maintenance cost, which AFAIK is independant from supply). AFAIK only troops carried by ships need to be supplied, and they can't forage on sea, because the forage value of sea zones is set to 0, but I would appreciate if anybody could confirm this.
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

HiHi

Thanks for replying and the link Gresbeck, although I'm still wondering why ships have that Forage toggle [&:]

All the Best
Peter
Mike Parker

Post by Mike Parker »

ORIGINAL: Kingmaker

HiHi

Thanks for replying and the link Gresbeck, although I'm still wondering why ships have that Forage toggle [&:]

All the Best
Peter

My guess is that Ships are a type of unit, and all units have the attribute for forage/depot supply.
Kingmaker

Post by Kingmaker »

HiHi

Yer, that passed through my mind after I posted, sort of, there's a unit template that includes the Supply/Forrage toggle, then unit type and stuff is added, as long as I'm not missing anything here, thanks for replying.

All the Best
Peter

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”