Should KIA pilots appear in the top pilot list?

Gary Grigsby's strategic level wargame covering the entire War in the Pacific from 1941 to 1945 or beyond.

Moderators: Joel Billings, wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Local Yokel

Should KIA pilots appear in the top pilot list?

Post by Local Yokel »

In my game against Cantona2 (CHS scen. 157) neither of us are seeing any KIA pilots in our 'top pilots' list. I know I had one rising star flying a suisen out of Attu with about 6 kills, but he dropped out of the list about the time one of the float fighters was shot down. All we are seeing is WIA's. I think this is a glitch in our game, but can someone please confirm whether we should be seeing KIA top-scorers?
rtrapasso

RE: Should KIA pilots appear in the top pilot list?

Post by rtrapasso »

ORIGINAL: Local Yokel

In my game against Cantona2 (CHS scen. 157) neither of us are seeing any KIA pilots in our 'top pilots' list. I know I had one rising star flying a suisen out of Attu with about 6 kills, but he dropped out of the list about the time one of the float fighters was shot down. All we are seeing is WIA's. I think this is a glitch in our game, but can someone please confirm whether we should be seeing KIA top-scorers?
iirc, these are purged in order to prevent problems as the game progresses - the pilot slots get entirely filled up relatively quickly if the KIAs are not removed.
jwilkerson

Post by jwilkerson »

Bob is correct - this has not always happened but patches have added more and more purging to push out the mass disappearing of pilots ( due to array overflow ) problem.

AE Project Lead
New Game Project Lead
FeurerKrieg

Post by FeurerKrieg »

Some still seem to be kept, but I'm not sure what the requirements are.

I have one KIA in my top pilots list, and he has(had?) 12 kills, which is the highest any of my pilots have obtained thus far.
Upper portion used with permission of www.subart.net, copyright John Meeks
Yamato hugger

Post by Yamato hugger »

I believe pilots with 12+ kills are retained. Could be wrong on that. It isnt something I even look at.
Local Yokel

Post by Local Yokel »

Thank you, one and all.  Assuming the pilot purging routines are WAD, I've got to assume they are doing so with extreme efficiency, not having ever seen KIA's in the top pilots list for this match at any time.  This could also be partly due to the facts that: (a) both sides have been playing quite conservatively and (b) this is Nik Mod, so air warfare has been relatively bloodless to date.
eloso

Post by eloso »

In that same game, I have a KIA pilot with 11 kills; perhaps it is a double-ace that is retained.
JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

I regularly have KIA pilots with high scores staying on the list .

But they seem to purge after a month or so (Maybe sooner?)
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Return to “War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945”