Upgrade Path for Fighters and Fighter Bombers

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

IndyShark

Upgrade Path for Fighters and Fighter Bombers

Post by IndyShark »

I don't like the upgrade paths for fighters and fighter bombers. I don't like P39's and would like to convert them to P40's when I have enough. I usually have to wait until I have P38's to upgrade the P39's and then downgrade them to P40's. I also don't like the fact you can't upgrade P40E's to P40N's.

Is that handled differently in AE?
GaryChildress

RE: Upgrade Path for Fighters and Fighter Bombers

Post by GaryChildress »

Another question with upgrades. Are they handled in the editor the same as in WITP? In other words if I want Player Defined Upgrades on and to be able to convert P-39s to P-40s do I just need to have the right upgrade paths set in the editor to do this? Is there any new hardcode regarding aircraft upgrades? Just curious.
Yamato hugger

Post by Yamato hugger »

Same as WitP - in other words how ever it is set up by the scenario designer is how it works. It isnt and never has been hard coded.
IndyShark

Post by IndyShark »

So when AE is released will it work the same way as WITP? (yech!)
Dili

Post by Dili »

Long ago i remember have reading that you can program 10 upgrade steps to any squadron. Hope still in.
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

ORIGINAL: IndyShark

So when AE is released will it work the same way as WITP? (yech!)

You have the ability to go to the editor and change every single squadron, to make them upgrade to whatever you want..

JeffroK

Post by JeffroK »

I think PDU works pretty well, of course it never works when you want to use a different type, but ...................

It works well were (mostly RAF & RAAF) Sqns change their aircraft from Hurri to Dakota or Wirraway to Vengeance to Liberator!
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”