Problem With Move

From the legendary team at 2 by 3 Games comes a new grand strategy masterpiece: Gary Grigsby’s War Between the States. Taking gamers back to the American Civil War, this innovative grand strategy game allows players to experience the trials and tribulations of the role of commander-in-chief for either side. Historically accurate, detailed and finely balanced for realistic gameplay, War Between the States is also easy to play and does not take months to finish.

Moderators: Joel Billings, PyleDriver

New York Jets

Problem With Move

Post by New York Jets »

I have a Union Army in Cincinnati with Amphibious initiative. I also have transport capacity of 250/20 on The Ohio River. There is a rail line between Cincinnati and Lexington, KY. Yet McClernand, a 5/5 leader with 3 Infantry and 2 Militia (I guess that's a 0/5 counting the units), transport usage of 20 amphib, is not being allowed to move across the river. There is a cavalry unit in Cincinnati, as well. It IS allowed to move to Lexington.

What am I missing?
"There comes a time in every man's life, and I've had plenty of 'em."

- Casey Stengel -
Joel Billings

RE: Problem With Move

Post by Joel Billings »

If you don't have amphibious initiative, you can't do an amphibious landing. Moving across the river might cost more MPs than you have (is it winter)?
All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard
New York Jets

Post by New York Jets »

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings

If you don't have amphibious initiative, you can't do an amphibious landing. Moving across the river might cost more MPs than you have (is it winter)?

After reading your post, a quick perusal of the movement chart shows my problem. Thank you, Joel for the insight. Winter is a factor. But the other factors involved (yes, it is winter) pile up to prohibit the move.

I need to study the movement chart more closely.

- Casey Stengel -
Treefrog

Post by Treefrog »

Seems to me a patch on Kentucky also prohibits amphibious invasions on the turn of DOW.
"L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace."
New York Jets

Post by New York Jets »

ORIGINAL: Treefrog

Seems to me a patch on Kentucky also prohibits amphibious invasions on the turn of DOW.

Did not need amphib, anyway. I had two other stacks move into Paducah and Louisville as it was.

- Casey Stengel -

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War Between the States”