Operation Barbarossa

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

TheArchduke

Operation Barbarossa

Post by TheArchduke »

I am finally done with creating a whole new map and using my experiences from the GPW playing into a new scenario with the same scale but using a more detailed and accurate map and modified rules.

http://advancedtactics.org/scenario.php?nr=91
Joshuatree

RE: Operation Barbarossa

Post by Joshuatree »

Already playing it. Thanks!
TheArchduke

Post by TheArchduke »

Small update.

- 3 Armies from the SU who were falsely allocated to the 3rd Army HQ are now correctly supervised by their respective HQs.
- 5 Su Rifle Divisions are now east of the Ladoga Sea.
- Vologda Production is now allocated to the North Front HQ from the start of the game.
- Fortifications now cost 4 PP, Fortresses 8 PP.
TheArchduke

Post by TheArchduke »

New update uploaded. V3:

- SS production raised by 10k.
- New 20k german production "Austrian production".
- New 20k axis minor production "Spain, Italy, Croatia".
- Changed scen desc to reflect that. German to Soviet production is now 305 to 410
- Fortresses are no longer buildable.
- Fortifications cost 200 EP and 5 PP now.
- Ground attack efficiency of Fighters halved against Tanks and Infantry.
- To prevent full scale supply production only by Axis Minors, major offmap production centres are disallowed to produce PP and Supply
- Talinn got 2 Infantry Divisions to avoid early paratrooper landings by Finnland.
- Leningrad, Moscow and Sevastopol got more extensive lines of fortresses as they are unbuildable now.
BK6583

Post by BK6583 »

Archduke,

I don't seem to be able to load a saved game file here. The Soviet card for increasing production 5% by spending 500 PPs doesn't work - can you help me out here? Can I email you a saved game file directly?

Sincerely,

Bob
Appren

Post by Appren »

Interesting scenario. So far I've not had a chance to test it against a human, but I've played one game against the AI (Soviet human versus German AI+). I don't know if its due to production balance, or the fact that the AI is pretty worthless (1000 engineers within the OKW HQ!), but the endless Soviet armies quickly overcame the AI+, with Warsaw being captured late September, and Bucarest the first turn of October.
I might try a game as Germans vs Soviet AI+ or ++, but human vs human really is the only way scenarios of this size can be somewhat challenging, I suspect.

Edit: The Finnish Army HQ does not seem to be linked to any HQ at the start (just started a German game), and starts out of supply.
TheArchduke

Post by TheArchduke »

Thanks for the two bugs. Indeed, the HQ and the increased production have been caught and solved. Right now I am working on better and nicer pictures and 1-2 more units.

And yes, I fear that the AI is not really up to the task in this scenario.

New Version has been uploaded as Boron and my first two testgames are in.

Changes:

- Finnish-Soviet Border asleep
Costs 2000 - 20x Axis VP to wake up
- July 1942 +50% German combat efficiency (Fall Blau)
- Event pictures and pictures for many SFTypes added.
- AG Mannerheim now subordinate to Finnland HQ.
- Fighter II,III,IV -50% vs. Inf/tank
- Forts unbuildable

Bugfixing:
- Supplymovecost Road 1--> 2 ap, needs further testing (0 ap supply movement ingame bug)
- fixed fortification lf/hf cost, now the same as fortification costs (cheaper vanilla costs before)
TheArchduke

Post by TheArchduke »

Polishing further, but testgames resulted in a game lasting into Februar 42 without one side showing any mercy so far. Fronts go through the whole map so there is no depletion of forces like it happens in the GPW.

Guards and SS showing off before their final clash south of Voronezh:

Attachments
feb41center.jpg
feb41center.jpg (118.21 KiB) Viewed 480 times
TheArchduke

Post by TheArchduke »

New version uploaded, many new sft graphics added, downloadable here: http://www.gigasize.com/get.php?d=6wykd ... ?m=2070937

v19

- Croatian/Spanish/Italian Production is Axis Minor now.
- Major Offmap Production can build supplies and PP again, if people want to abuse Axis Minor for producing mundance stuff, they will do so anyway.

- Assigning to the same hq or a new hq has a readiness hit of 50%. (Formerly 25% for changing HQ)
- Assigning to outside hq has a readiness hit of 75%.

- New units the Assault Gun (German Stug). All german mot units got one stug.

- Vp reduced to 100 from 150. For a victory 80 VP are needed. Which means that the Germans historically came close to winning in 41 and 42. (Conquering Moscow and one more city in 41 or conquering Grozny whilst holding Stalingrad does the trick.)

As soon as one side conquers 80 VP before Jan 45 it counts as a major victory.

Holding out as the Germans until Jan 45 with 50 points counts as a minor victory, as the Soviets will then seperate peace the Germans. Managing to throw out the invaders by restoring Russia to 65 Victory points but not invading the Axis proper counts as a minor victory for the Soviet Union.

- To compensate for the German Stugs, the initial Panzerforces of Stavka got a boost
- STAVKA and the OKW each got 6 new shiny transporters to facilitate Air Transport.
- Mozyr and Gomel now got their names

- Saratov (Guards) production moved to Samara, so the Guards production is nicely placed in one city.
- Vologda Production reduced to 10k, Stalingrad raised to 25k from 10k. Vologda was thanks to Lendlease as important as Moscow as soon as Leningrad fell, whilst in reality the loss of Vologda only mean the loss of the Lend Lease Route from Murmansk.
- Gomel-Glukov road/bridge added
- The region around Kiev made a bit more foresty
- The region before and behind Moscow made a bit more foresty
- The region around Leningrad is more swampy and less heavy foresty

- Eastern reinforcements event added. The Soviet Union will now get 6 Shock Divisions in Nov 41 in time for their counter-offensive in December.
LazyBoy

Post by LazyBoy »

Downloaded, but all sft graphics missing, the link says The file has been deleted.
TheArchduke

Post by TheArchduke »

Hmm, I try to get a reliable download service today.

Meanwhile try: http://rapidshare.com/files/235471967/O ... s.zip.html

The problem is the package is 12 MB big and the forum max is 5 MB uploads and the scenario bank max is 10 MB.
LazyBoy

Post by LazyBoy »

That link worked thanks
Appren

Post by Appren »

The Soviets can build Battleship IV, Cruiser IV, Destroyer IV, Carrier III (Leningrad) - intended? They certainly do not have it researched.
TheArchduke

Post by TheArchduke »

Thanks for catching that one. I removed the ships from the research options and all of the sudden the ship tech has been upgraded. Will fix it. I am not even sure I want to allow ships to be produced at all.

I am also considering counter-artillery and perhaps a small fix for the airforces in general.
BK6583

Post by BK6583 »

I'll welcome any mods to the current arty engine. I'd also like something along the lines of arty being factored in somehow to defending hexes within the two hex arty range.
Appren

Post by Appren »

The Soviets can research Armored car II, III and IV (have not checked Germans), but researching it to level 2 did not automatically convert my current production, nor allow me to chose to build them. I do however get the option to upgrade the already built cars (at no supply cost even).
TheArchduke

Post by TheArchduke »

Fixed AC/Ship version coming up this week. Waiting for a patch that fixes the broken aircombat before I make a new one.
explorer2

Post by explorer2 »

ORIGINAL: TheArchduke
Waiting for a patch that fixes the broken aircombat before I make a new one.

Do you know something I don't about a patch for air combat?
I know it's been discussed on another forum, but I didn't see anywhere there where Vic has said he will fix this for AT.
If there's news, I'd love to hear about it because it would effect my efforts on WaW as well.
Thanks.

TheArchduke

Post by TheArchduke »

I only know what Vic says on the forum. That is he is thinking about something for the next release, so fixes have to come from us.

I will work on something today.

There are numerous things I consider:

- Counterartillery
- Some sort of nerf for aircraft
- Soviet production slowly moves east with events.

Any input is welcome.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”