Questions on Advanced Economy

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

Alex Gilbert

Questions on Advanced Economy

Post by Alex Gilbert »

Hi, I am enjoying the game, but decided to take some time this weekend to explore the advanced economy. A couple of questions arose:

1. How do you produce high textile requiring units? The problem is, according to the manual, a lancer costs 120 textile. However, as soon as a country stockpiles over 100 textile, it starts consuming textiles (at 1 for every 5 men) to improve the morale of the people. So Britain with a population (men) of 72 consumes 14 textiles a turn after they reach 100. So does this mean that Britain has to produce at least 15 textiles a turn and if they do that and don't use any other textile that in 20 turns they will finally be able to build 1 lancer? The manual says a merchant costs 200!! textile. Since a country can use up to 2 "consumptions" of textile to raise morale, does this mean that to get beyond 128 textile, Britain has to be producing at least 29 textile per turn just to grow the stockpile by 1 textile (and produce a merchant in 72 turns)?

2. On the province screen, when it says the province makes +6 wool and +1 textile, does that mean that it is making 6 wool of which 4 are converted to textile and 2 go to the national stockpile, or is it producing the 6 wool in addition to that which is converted to the 1 textile?

3. Starting a standard campaign, normal difficulty as Britain. I go to the provinces tab and I get a table listing each province (table is titled as "City List"). One column is titled "resources". Taking the Scotland province as an example, it lists under resources 29 food, 9 wool, 3 textile. However, when I go to the province management screen (the one with the production sliders), it says the province is producing 18 food, 6 wool and 2 textile. Which is right and what accounts for the difference between these 2 values. There is no adverse weather, there are no units (enemy or friendly) in the province, and Britain has no "waste" at this time.

I played with the sliders so that on the province management screen I was now producing 21 food, 9 wool and 4 textile. The city list screen changed to show 32 food, 12 wool, and 5 textile-- note that the additional resources I produced by changing the sliders (additional 3 food, 3 wool, and 2 textile) showed an identical increase on both screens (food production went from 18 to 21 on the province screen and 29 to 32 on the city list screen) but again this difference persists.

Oh, I should mention that this province is at its max population, so it can not be the difference between "current" and "max" production based on less than full population.

Appreciate any answers or input anyone can provide.

Alex

Alex Gilbert

RE: Questions on Advanced Economy

Post by Alex Gilbert »

A little further experimentation and I think I have both a question and an answer (to question 2)

4. It seems that the slider effects for other resources are immediate, but the textiles are produced with a 1 month delay. That is, for the province in Q2, it produces 6 wool this turn, but that wool is added to the stockpile-- it will be made into textile on the next turn. So +6 wool +1 textile means the 6 wool go to the pool to be used on future turns to make textile, and the province takes 4 wool or cotton that are already in the national stockpile and converts to 1 textile this turn. Is this right?
Mr. Z

Post by Mr. Z »

We hope to have an advanced economy guide out soon.
Anthropoid

Post by Anthropoid »

ORIGINAL: Mr. Z

We hope to have an advanced economy guide out soon.

Kewl :)
The x-ray is her siren song. My ship cannot resist her long. Nearer to my deadly goal. Until the black hole. Gains control...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkIIlkyZ ... playnext=3

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”