READY FOR ...windows 7...well almost

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

madgamer2

READY FOR ...windows 7...well almost

Post by madgamer2 »

As I am passing on Vista I got a couple of up grades for my system a new M3N72-D Mobo, a Phenom 2 CPUx4 950 ,4GB of OZ fast memory. Now my 2 7950 KO eVGA video cards will do the job till 7 appears on the scene.
I went to the #D Mark 06 site to run the video test knowing I have 1 of the 2 there using the 7950 video card. I usually run about 7700 but now run 9800 (its the CPU boost). Being able to run 16x2 rather than 8x2 helps my graphics run and look better to.

Nadgamer
If your not part of the solution
You are part of the problem
rogueusmc

RE: READY FOR ...windows 7...well almost

Post by rogueusmc »

ORIGINAL: madgamer

...Nadgamer
[:D]
There are only two kinds of people that understand Marines: Marines and the enemy. Everyone else has a second-hand opinion.

Gen. William Thornson, U.S. Army

Prince of Eckmühl

Post by Prince of Eckmühl »

ORIGINAL: rogueusmc

...Nadgamer
[:D]
I wish I had said that. [:'(]

PoE (aka ivanmoe)
Government is the opiate of the masses.
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

Madgamer was obviously overjoyed by his new rig-understandable.

I'm rebuilding my Alienware-waiting on one more little component which should be in today. I will take three breaths before I share my joy-assuming there will be any joy. I have some doubts about being able to reinstall the OS on with a new MB and processor.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

Matter of interest, when is Win 7 slated for release?
Ron
Formerly Goodwood

Titanwarrior89

Post by Titanwarrior89 »

2010 I read some where.
"Before Guadalcanal the enemy advanced at his pleasure. After Guadalcanal, he retreated at ours".

"Mama, There's Rabbits in the Garden"
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

I just bought Dell Studio 15 for my wife, it came with Vista 32bit. The first thing I did was dumped hard disk partitions and installed Vista on my own. Oh my god, Vista is such a pig by default the OS was using 1Gb of 3GB of ram!!! I tweaked it and tweaked it but could not get it below 750Mb of ram on the boot. Still the OS was horribly slow, since I have  Windows 7 64bit 7057 RC1 build I have decided to reinstall Windows 7 on her machine (T4200 CPU, 3GM of RAM, Intel video card)....and WOW what a difference!!!! yes the OS & still uses about 550Mb of ram, but it's ridiculously fast even in 64bit compared to crappy Vista 32bit. And all her hardware was detected, I just had to install video card everything else Windows 7 found. I got yer iTunes 64bit and she is flying, I'm blown away...she has been runing it for about a week and not a single problem. Looks like Windows 7 even RC1 is already in great shape... I really had no chice since XP drivers are not available for Studio 15. I'm happy with XP on my laptop but I'm already experimenting as well with Windows 7 RC1 on my laptop as well (dual boot, Dell Precision Mobile Workstation M90, T7200 CPU, 4GB of Ram, nVidia FX 2500M 512MB of ram) it detected all my hardware as well. I will need to do a lot of testing for my development or games but Windows 7 looks promising as a replacement for XP.

Peter
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

I never EVER touch a Windows Operating System until at least a year after official release! It will be the same with Windows 7. I only have Vista on my laptop because it was pre-installed.
Alba gu' brath
madgamer2

Post by madgamer2 »

You kick sleeping dogs to I bet. Why don't you take your over worked sense of the written word and ride of into the Tex ass sunset. Take your little dogie friend just below this post with you while you are at it.

NADGAMER....NADGAMER N-A-D-G-A-M-E-R
madgamer2

Post by madgamer2 »

It took me two systems from them before I saw the light. They look nice but are not worth the money. I got tired of talking to some guy from some country with an accent I could not understand everytimne I had a problem.
I think things are worse now that they have been bought out by another company. I do wish you luck with yours.
I ran the new setup on 3D Mark 06 and it crashed after the first time and windows said I needed either the latest video card driver (which I had) or to turn down my hardware accelerator. I turned it down just a tad and the one time I got it to finish before it started to crash my score was 2100 higher than before the upgrade at 9800. After I turned down the HA it went to 10150. Go figure.

Madgamer
madgamer2

Post by madgamer2 »

maybe about the same time as this thing they call AE LOL. It depends on who you read and believe. I would say the earliest would be Q1 10 then a year to get the first service pack out.....but then some say Christmas...so who knows

Madgamer
Grell

Post by Grell »

My wife has Vista on her laptop and I hate it. I'll wait for windows 7.

Regards,

Grell
sabre100

Post by sabre100 »

It took me two systems from them before I saw the light. They look nice but are not worth the money. I got tired of talking to some guy from some country with an accent I could not understand everytimne I had a problem.
I think things are worse now that they have been bought out by another company. I do wish you luck with yours.
I ran the new setup on 3D Mark 06 and it crashed after the first time and windows said I needed either the latest video card driver (which I had) or to turn down my hardware accelerator. I turned it down just a tad and the one time I got it to finish before it started to crash my score was 2100 higher than before the upgrade at 9800. After I turned down the HA it went to 10150. Go figure.

Madgamer

Unfortunately Microsoft is not the only company almost every technology company and many non technology companies are sending good American Jobs overseas. I think the govt should quadruple tax the companies that send jobs overseas and force those companies to pay the laid off employees salaries until they can find another comparable job with same pay in US. As far as Windows 7 I personally am looking forward to it as Vista is horrible and I have been testing the beta as most people probably have and it is very stable and very fast it is a Windows XP true replacement and killer IMHO.
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

ORIGINAL: sabre100

Unfortunately Microsoft is not the only company almost every technology company and many non technology companies are sending good American Jobs overseas. I think the govt should quadruple tax the companies that send jobs overseas and force those companies to pay the laid off employees salaries until they can find another comparable job with same pay in US.

And while they're at it, they should close the foreign worker import loopholes, not widen them.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

Return to “General Discussion”