Different weapon loads

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Misconduct

Different weapon loads

Post by Misconduct »

We all know WiTP has different weapon loads which can't be used, only if your lucky - for example B17's against Naval have either 8 x 500lb bombs, or 4 x 1000lb bombs or 2 x 2000lb bombs. What I purpose is a squadron gets over say 60% skill as a group they can decide on using the 500s or 1000's, However since the skill isn't high enough they wouldn't beable to get 2,000lbers.

Now for planes that can change loads this would be awesome to do, for example Corsairs/Hellcats/TBM's all have a different load out.

For example TBM's can either carry 4x500LB bombs, and 6 unguided rockets, or a Mk13 Torpedo. Say your going on ground attack, you could put your load as 4x500's and no rockets for extra range/speed.

Just an idea to throw out in the open, looking forward to buying AE.
ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
Yamato hugger

RE: Different weapon loads

Post by Yamato hugger »

Thats basically how it works. Back in my PacWar days, GG laid out exactly the parameters for using "alternate weapons" (like 800kg bombs) and it was experienced based. Dont know if thats still the way it works but I would be very surprised if it doesnt. If memory serves there was like a 10% chance of a squadron using 800kg at 80% experience and around 50% at 90%. PBYs with 90 exp with torpedoes were nasty. Esp at night.
Misconduct

Post by Misconduct »

Yeah I would rather say if the squadrons experience is above 60 they can choose which loadout per mission, granted this is based on if the airfield has enough ords available, if say the base has under 20% 1,000lb's available then certain aircraft would take it, others would not, could be based on supplies also. I would rather have option of taking the loadout then gamble as I am doing now, a squadron of B24's with 75 experience only taking 500's on a naval strike thats doing me no good.

ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Intel Core I7 2800k Corsair Hydro Heatsink Corsair Vengeance DD3 24GB EVGA GTX 580 Western Digital 1.5TB Raid 0 Windows 7
Odin

Post by Odin »

I wish loadouts can be choosen manually.

1. It is useless sending bombers dropping 500lb´s on BB´s.

2. Bombs should be "cost" their points of supply each.

F.e. a 500lb uses 5 supply points, 1000lb 25 SP, and the bigger the bombs, the more costly, thus reflecting producing costs and transportation to front line.

The british pilots who carried the big Grandslam and Tallboy f.e. were ordered not to drop their bombs on secondary targets, because the bombs were very expensive and difficult to built in numbers.

3. Bombs for different jobs with different effects.

For airfields, Fragmentation Bombs, when i will hit Airgroups there and leave the field itself undamaged. That means more effective against parked planes, not so much installations.

For port 500lb/1000lb with the usuall effects.

For ship attack AP Bombs, with different weights.

For ground attack, fire bombs, with good effects to ground units, but more useless against ships, or so.

And at least: Restrict bomb size to AF size. No heavy bombs from moody airstrips inside the jungle![:)]

Yamato hugger

Post by Yamato hugger »

Well you do have a limited option to choose loadouts. You can intentionally NOT use torpedoes if you want (this is selectable). I havent encountered an instance yet where I would use this, but I could forsee a potential use for it down the road.

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”