Danish flag mod... how to?

Share your game mods and discuss modding with other players here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

moose1999

Danish flag mod... how to?

Post by moose1999 »

I'd like to mod in the Danish flag, so that when playing the danes you use a Danish flag pattern instead of the "minor nations" flag pattern.
I assume I could achieve this by editing the graphics files for the minor nations flag, but this would also change all other minor nations' flags to the Danish and I wouldn't want that.
Is there a way to change the flag for Denmark only?
Perhaps by taking one of the major nations out and substituting it with Denmark and then changing the flag pattern...?
regards,

Briny
SgtSchmuk

RE: Danish flag mod... how to?

Post by SgtSchmuk »

Although I don't own the game yet, I am a programmer (not associated with these folks).  It should be simple to have a FLAG folder, and check that folder for Denmark.flg -- if it's there, use the graphics, if not, use the default.  There would just have to be specs provided for the user when creating a flag.  What sayest thou, game programmers?
moose1999

Post by moose1999 »

Not that simple, I'm afraid.
It looks like there are only 8 or so national flag variants - one of them being a 'minor nations' flag.
When you play Denmark you do get a Danish flag on your corps but all other flags are the standard minor nation one.
I've made a bunch of Danish flags and substituted the minor nation flags for them, with the obvious result that all minor nations in the game are now flying the Danish colours.
I have a hunch it won't be very easy to do it any other way, I'm afraid...
regards,

Briny
SgtSchmuk

Post by SgtSchmuk »

So, with all the minors flying the Danish flag, has Denmark become a powerhouse?  [:)]
moose1999

Post by moose1999 »

Unfortunately, allegience does not follow the flag...[;)]
All the minors are still in the game for their own good - it just gets a little harder to find your own fleets sometimes as the European waters can suddenly be packed with Danish flags...

But yes, Denmark has become a powerhouse - for other reasons [:D].
I've even begun tackling the English fleet without getting my butt seriously kicked yet...
regards,

Briny
ptan54

Post by ptan54 »

Would like to see proper colours for Poland in the 1792 scenario. Would also be great if that scenario didn't substitute Poland for Sweden and instead allowed for 9 powers rather than 8.
JadeKing

Post by JadeKing »

Any news on whether it is possible to change the flags? It is not really the minor nations flag on the strategic map that bothers me, but more the Swedish flag used for your troops in detailed combat. That really kills it for me!
Thank goodness we don't understand the language of ravens, jackdaws, crickets, frogs, and pigs. Otherwise we'd probably worry about what they think too. Yet how many people seem more brainless than the frogs and jackdaws? Does that make any difference to
ptan54

Post by ptan54 »

I have been told that it is, but a graphics whiz would have to do it. The devs have a lot of programming to do, so this isn't high on the priority list.
ericbabe

Post by ericbabe »

It would have to be a programming change.  This has been on my long-list-of-small-changes for a while.  Unfortunately it's not quite as easy as it all sounds.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”