Question

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

wick

Question

Post by wick »

I am playing a multiplayer pbem as Japan in WaW33d (Aug 1940) I did my first turn the other day, when I got my second turn the report screen tells me I have started a major offensive in China and have 6 turns to etc etc. I know I didn't click on the chinese offensive card as I wasn't in that screen on my first turn the Allied and German player are fighting in the Balkans so I don't think that would trigger anything, is there anything else that would trigger the card to automatically play?

Thanks

Wick
"In the absence of orders, go find something to kill"
Grymme

RE: Question

Post by Grymme »

Germany launching operation Barbarossa triggers the event. Not sure if any kind of war between germany-russia triggers it. For example if German garrisson levels go down to low and russia declares war.

IMHO Germany shouldnt consider launching Barbarossa untill at least may 1941.
My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G
wick

Post by wick »

Russia and Germany are not at war yet.
I have a feeling that little fingers may have had a part in this when I wasn't looking.
explorer2

Post by explorer2 »

The other way of beginning the Major Chinese Offensive is by the JA playing that Action Card. I think that would be hard to do by accident, but funnier things have happened. Playing the Nomohan Incident card does NOT start major offensive vs. China.
wick

Post by wick »

We figured out what happened, the force strength of my German partner on the Russian front was not high enough and Russia declared war on Germany which in turn caused Japan to go to war with China.
Thanks to all that posted a reply.

Wick

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”