What have I gotten myself into - My ABA Association

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderator: puresimmer

Taz0713

What have I gotten myself into - My ABA Association

Post by Taz0713 »

Well I have tried to the real life association with the Cubbies, which I am continuing and struggle when my real life perceptions do not pan out, so I am going to give the fictional realm another go. I have downloaded PadreFan's ABA template and I have decided to give it a try. The other thing is that this association starts off in 1968 which will be new for me as I have only played current 2006 and beyond type assocations, so I will have to temper my thoughts on what should be happening.

Since I do live in the Pacific Northwest, I thought I would give the Portland Explorers a try. Based on the initial PSPN reports we are projected as the 18th best team in the 24 team association, with the 14th highest payroll. We are currently projected to finish 4th behind Las Vegas, Hawaii and Michigan, with only Reno finishing behind us.

This should be quite a challenge as it would appear that we are in a rebuilding mode, so hopefully the expectations will not be too high. It will take me some time to get to know my team, so as the season progresses I am hoping to introduce some of our players.

I hope that if I keep updating this association thread, it will help keep me playing and not restarting another association.
Taz0713

RE: What have I gotten myself into - My ABA Association

Post by Taz0713 »

I plan on doing series updates as opposed to game updates or game updates, then again who knows.  Well we lost the first game 2-1 to the Reno Renegades in ten innings.  We scored in the first inning on a home run from RF Jim Parra (his only hit on the night).  After that it was a pitching dual between Robert Pauling (POR) and Alan Ochoa (REN).  We did try to give it away (amd did) as we committed three errors, with the third error in the top of the tenth allowing the go ahead run on base (which eventually scored when the next hitter hit a triple down the line).  Basically I am very concerned about our ability to hit and our ability to field that little white ball.  I know it was only one game, but it was not promising (we actually struck out 13 times with only three hits).

W: Mike Allison (1-0, 0.00)  L: Winfred Dawley (0-1, 9.00)  S:  Robert Sims (S1)
HR:  POR - Jim Parra (1) REN - None
Taz0713

RE: What have I gotten myself into - My ABA Association

Post by Taz0713 »

I have to apologize for this one. I for some reason struggle with fictional leagues. This one is still around, but I don't have much interest in it. I am thinking about going back to a current MLB association.

Return to “The Locker”