Why do I suffer from this?

This sequel to the award-winning Crown of Glory takes Napoleonic Grand Strategy to a whole new level. This represents a complete overhaul of the original release, including countless improvements and innovations ranging from detailed Naval combat and brigade-level Land combat to an improved AI, unit upgrades, a more detailed Strategic Map and a new simplified Economy option. More historical AND more fun than the original!

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

JudgeDredd

Why do I suffer from this?

Post by JudgeDredd »

One of the options on the screen when starting a new game is the Simple/Advanced Economy...why do I have a problem interpreting buttons like this?

It's a simple concept, and yet when I come across these buttons I have a problem working out what it means...when it says Simple Economy does that mean I am playing with Simple Economy or do I have to click on it to play with Simple Economy....but if I clikc on it, the button changes to Advanced Economy....so does that mean I'm playing with Advanced Economy or I have to click on it if I want to play Advanced Economy...

I never seem to be able to tell if the button is saying what you have selected or whether you have to click on what it says to play with that option...

A simple thing that always confuses me for some reason that I do not understand...I work with computers. I program languages. I am very aware of boolean variables and on/off/yes/no/0/1...but these buttons always play tricks with my head!

Of course, this is rhetorical because I know...but they do confuzzle me every time I come across them!

Just thinking out loud after being out on the booze all night (birthday tommoz!), installed the game and that was one of the first things that jumped out at me!
Alba gu' brath
swetiger

RE: Why do I suffer from this?

Post by swetiger »

Since we all now the answer... [8D]
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - (Napoleon Bonaparte)

Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you want peace, prepare for the war (Vegetius)
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

mmm...meant to say, I had a naval battle...very impressed.
Alba gu' brath
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

I think the issue is, some programmers set them up to be the next one listed and others program them to be what is listed

so we need to get the programmers to get it togeather and do it the same way
swetiger

Post by swetiger »

Why not display whats been choosen below the button like the other 5 buttons?
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - (Napoleon Bonaparte)

Si vis pacem, para bellum - If you want peace, prepare for the war (Vegetius)

Return to “Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition”