Timing for next patch?

Post bug reports and other issues here.
dunnsa

RE: Pequot War scenario

Post by dunnsa »

Supply graphics and we'll change, otherwise it is what it is.
AGEOD Volunteer
Visit the AGE Wiki at http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Main_Page
JastaV

RE: Pequot War scenario

Post by JastaV »

ORIGINAL: lodilefty

Supply graphics and we'll change, otherwise it is what it is.

Supply Graphics?
Well if you are asking for a graphical proof of the issue, here it's:

... unfortunately if you are asking for some graphic support, as new leader pictures, I'm sorry cannot help.
I'm not skilled in graphic art... may be you should ask for Nikel support!
JastaV

WIA DB: is it okay?

Post by JastaV »

Lodi,
I was exploring WIA modding chances.
The starting point is the WIA DB available from AGEod board

I noticed something odd with WIA_DB_Units file. First enlisted line UID is 234: it seems like the file is uncomplete or corrupted.

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

JastaV
berto

RE: Timing for next patch?

Post by berto »

Region move blockage has been reported between Winooski and Crown Point, and between Crown Point and St Sacrement

Reason has been identified
It is on the bug list already.

Would it be possible for you to post here the exact, minute details of this bug and its fix?

I'd like to begin exploring ways to systematically discover such bugs (i.e., developing QA/debugger programs and scripts).
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
dunnsa

Post by dunnsa »

ORIGINAL: berto

Region move blockage has been reported between Winooski and Crown Point, and between Crown Point and St Sacrement

Reason has been identified
It is on the bug list already.

Would it be possible for you to post here the exact, minute details of this bug and its fix?

I'd like to begin exploring ways to systematically discover such bugs (i.e., developing QA/debugger programs and scripts).

Bugs like this are found via playtest reports. Specific regions, units, scenari involved are a must as in all bug reports.
Coordinator or 'somebody' confirms the bug, then attempts to find 'what is different' about the elements involved [regions, links, units, models, structures, etc etc]
Confirmation with most likely cause is submitted to dev team if code changes are required.

In this case, the regions involved were found to contain interconnected NavalInterdictLinks, placed long ago to prevent ships moving from port to port in adjacent regions without going to sea.

For systematic problem solving, I highly recommend:
http://www.itsmsolutions.com/newsletter ... 2iss24.htm

My employer [and many others] use this with excellent results.
{I apologize if I am violating any forum advertising rule: I recieve absolutely no compensation from the K-T Corporation}
AGEOD Volunteer
Visit the AGE Wiki at http://www.ageod.net/agewiki/Main_Page
berto

Post by berto »

In this case, the regions involved were found to contain interconnected NavalInterdictLinks, placed long ago to prevent ships moving from port to port in adjacent regions without going to sea.

Drilling down, please identify the file(s) involved and the exact locations within the file(s).

I'd like to investigate whether it's possible to proactively, systematically identify anomalies like the ones you described.
Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/view ... hp?f=10167
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com
Stwa

Post by Stwa »

I haven't been around for a while and I chuckled when I saw yet another thread from Gshock in Tech Support Forum.

Im sure everyone already knows this, but each thread has a common theme, generally stated in the first post. The theme is --- Gshock does not wan't to play WIA anymore until some bug is fixed.

When is Ageod going to get the nads, to just NOT fix the bug. This way Gshock will stop playing WIA, oui? My guess is the world will continue to spin.
JastaV

Post by JastaV »

ORIGINAL: Stwa
When is Ageod going to get the nads, to just NOT fix the bug. This way Gshock will stop playing WIA, oui? My guess is the world will continue to spin.

Bet GShock will be till busy playing WIA the time the world will stop spinning.
And me... too![:D]
Perhaps we'll have till chances to report issues and will do....... because we trust improvements will come out of AGEod!
All that with advantages to all WIA players.
GShock

Post by GShock »

Im sure everyone already knows this, but each thread has a common theme, generally stated in the first post. The theme is --- Gshock does not wan't to play WIA anymore until some bug is fixed.

What you said is not entirely correct, Stwa.
Truth is i want to play and i can't. Next July, the game will have its first Bday. At present time i have been unable to complete the few acres of snow campaign due to bugs and all the minor scenarios tested have evidenced severe bugs, huge unbalance, missing AI opponent and problems of all kinds.

If you bought a game and were unable to play it till only 2 years after its release would you be speaking highly of such gaming experience?

What you can see is that i asked if besieged troops will stop resupplying and the answer was yes. When i asked if they will stop taking replacements, i didn't get an answer. Then the thread was hijacked...as usual.

I'll leave it to you what to think about a game where 8 months after its release you get besieged troops gaining strenght during the siege while the besieger loses it to attrition.

Simply Stwa, they will probably stop fixing bugs when they are out of business. For the records, i remind you i haven't EVER played WiA in my life since i spend more time reporting bugs than actually playing the game itself. If you mind, having paid for it, and having spotted bugs some even refuse to acknowledge, I think i have the right to complain but more importantly, i have the right to play it.
How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org
comte

Post by comte »

ORIGINAL: GShock

What you said is not entirely correct, Stwa.
Truth is i want to play and i can't. Next July, the game will have its first Bday. At present time i have been unable to complete the few acres of snow campaign due to bugs and all the minor scenarios tested have evidenced severe bugs, huge unbalance, missing AI opponent and problems of all kinds.

If you bought a game and were unable to play it till only 2 years after its release would you be speaking highly of such gaming experience?

What you can see is that i asked if besieged troops will stop resupplying and the answer was yes. When i asked if they will stop taking replacements, i didn't get an answer. Then the thread was hijacked...as usual.

I'll leave it to you what to think about a game where 8 months after its release you get besieged troops gaining strenght during the siege while the besieger loses it to attrition.

Simply Stwa, they will probably stop fixing bugs when they are out of business. For the records, i remind you i haven't EVER played WiA in my life since i spend more time reporting bugs than actually playing the game itself. If you mind, having paid for it, and having spotted bugs some even refuse to acknowledge, I think i have the right to complain but more importantly, i have the right to play it.

If the game sucks so much why the hell are you still playing it and posting here G-Shock? Just Move on Man or is there somthing else bothering you?
Stwa

Post by Stwa »

Gshock -- JastaV,

First let me say, you guy's ability to write in English has improved dramtically over the last year or so. Please take that as a compliment.

But, you guys need to get out of the house more. There's a whole world out there. Do something, your wasting your lives away on this forum and with these games.

Go to a movies, spend more time at the local coffee shop, watch more TV, see if you guys can get a date.

If you just gotta spend time in the forums, visit the ones that have games you like.

As an example, I bought BoA. (I liked it at lot once I modded it). I got a digital download of WiA, because I was a beta tester. It has some improvements, but their was a lot of noise, to say the least. I am not planning any Ageod purchases in the near future. So maybe, I should not hang in their forums, eh?
comte

Post by comte »

+1 I agree with ya Stwa these guys gotta find another way to channel there energy
JastaV

Post by JastaV »

ORIGINAL: Stwa

Gshock -- JastaV,

First let me say, you guy's ability to write in English has improved dramtically over the last year or so. Please take that as a compliment.

But, you guys need to get out of the house more. There's a whole world out there. Do something, your wasting your lives away on this forum and with these games.

Go to a movies, spend more time at the local coffee shop, watch more TV, see if you guys can get a date.

If you just gotta spend time in the forums, visit the ones that have games you like.

As an example, I bought BoA. (I liked it at lot once I modded it). I got a digital download of WiA, because I was a beta tester. It has some improvements, but their was a lot of noise, to say the least. I am not planning any Ageod purchases in the near future. So maybe, I should not hang in their forums, eh?

With some 70 posts out of 6 months I cannot be considered very active here.........
Then, your suggestion to give up with PC playing is not very kind and smart, when posted at the official board of a company working in the PC games business![:D]
BTW, consider that my posting activity is part of my job: I thing I carry on with great dedication and profits!
GShock

Post by GShock »

Stwa, if u want i ll send u my bank account number so YOU can give me a refund for buying a game i could never play. 
How long will you pretend you can't do anything about it? Support www.animalsasia.org
Blueprint

Post by Blueprint »

on 70 posts, there are just 70 criticizing an Ageod game; You should try other games. Matrix is selling some...
Blueprint

Post by Blueprint »

deleted
Stwa

Post by Stwa »

Come on you guys, I am just tyring to look out for you overall well being.

You guys should really try dating. Remember dating? This is where you go out and blow a lot more money in one evening than you did on WIA. And if it doesn't work out (the date that is), then you go back home and you try to forget about it. Real guys dont endlessly whine and cry when they don't get what they want.

You never know, one of those dates, just one, might work out, and whammo!, WIA will be the last thing you want to talk about.

So give it a try, ok?

And please, keep in touch ... but not too often. [:)]
GShock

Post by GShock »

I just wanted to express my gratitude to the moderator for deleting another one of my posts.

Truth hurts.
Blueprint

Post by Blueprint »

What post?

the only deleted post here was one of mine by myself??

Return to “Tech Support”