Spain's eco turn

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Dancing Bear

Spain's eco turn

Post by Dancing Bear »

Hi Marshall
would it be hard to have Spain do her eco turn first in the eco phase. Spain moves last in the land phase, so if she was first the eco phase, the Spainish player could do both turns together, rather than waiting for the British player's eco turn?
I don't know if GB has to go first because of the trade settings.
DCWhitworth

RE: Spain's eco turn

Post by DCWhitworth »

ORIGINAL: Dancing Bear

Hi Marshall
would it be hard to have Spain do her eco turn first in the eco phase. Spain moves last in the land phase, so if she was first the eco phase, the Spainish player could do both turns together, rather than waiting for the British player's eco turn?
I don't know if GB has to go first because of the trade settings.

You could also perhaps look at swapping Russia and France in the Reinforcement phase as Russia goes first in the Naval phase.
Regards
David
Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

ORIGINAL: DCWhitworth

You could also perhaps look at swapping Russia and France in the Reinforcement phase as Russia goes first in the Naval phase.

It would likely be less controversial to switch the French naval phase to first (I really mean fist after GB (i.e. second) as GB usually selects to go last anyways, so not a real factor). This might help the player who has France, who is often pressured to skip her naval phase as France is usually blockaged, which is normally ok, but does give GB a greater sense of comfort than GB should really have.

I'd support switching the naval phases, what is everyone's opinion? Would this have to be a option that is set in the game setup (or by the host for ongoing games)?
Jimmer

Post by Jimmer »

I would hope that nobody other than France knows if his naval phase is being skipped until AFTER it is skipped.
At LAST! The greatest campaign board game of all time is finally available for the PC. Can my old heart stand the strain?
Dancing Bear

Post by Dancing Bear »

Jimmer, this is correct, but if you have skipped the last 9 turns in the row, it is pretty likely that GB is going to detect a pattern. Anyways, would you object to moving France's naval to 2nd, after GB (assuming GB changes it to last, so this really means first)?
Hornblower

Post by Hornblower »

Bump
borner

Post by borner »

combining phases would slove this also, but if not, then the more back to back phases the better!

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”