Mouse Issues

Post bug reports and ask for technical assistance here.

Moderator: MOD_WestCiv

JameyCribbs

Mouse Issues

Post by JameyCribbs »

Started playing this morning and ran into a couple of mouse issues.

The first time, I was moving around checking out my country, clicking on containers, right clicking on containers, etc. when, all of a sudden, my mouse wouldn't scroll the screen any more when I moved to the edge of the screen, yet I could still click on buttons at the bottom of the screen and they worked. I tried space bar, esc, opening and closing different screens, i.e. Economy, Strategic Map, etc. but nothing let me scroll the map with the mouse. I could scroll the map with arrow keys. So, I exited the game and reloaded my save.

Everything was back to normal, I could scroll with my mouse. So, I played a few turns and then, all of a sudden, my mouse got stuck on a unit and I could not deselect it, nor could I click on anything, including the unit to open up any windows. Clicking on any buttons did not work. I tried space bar, I tried moving to a province in fow and right clicking, no go. The weird thing is *I could still scroll the screen with my mouse*!

It's like the second problem was the exact opposite of the first problem!

I have a brand new Macbook Pro and I am running Boot Camp, Windows XP, Service Pack 3.

I have the saved game if that would help.

Jamey
Erik Rutins

RE: Mouse Issues

Post by Erik Rutins »

Does it duplicate at all from a saved game for you, from what you said above it sounds like reloading fixes the issue for you? I haven't seen this and I wonder if it could be hardware/driver related. Is your mouse driver set to fairly "default" settings?
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
JameyCribbs

RE: Mouse Issues

Post by JameyCribbs »

I changed my video card settings to keep the aspect ratio when stretching. I also installed an apple patch for the trackpad. I loaded up a save game again and was able to play for several turns with no problems. So this issue may be fixed.

Thanks.

Jamey

Return to “Tech Support”