Stupid And Probably Previously Answered Question...

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

dudalb_slith

Stupid And Probably Previously Answered Question...

Post by dudalb_slith »

WIll all the scenarios in the standard edition be included in the Admiral's Edition?
Terminus

RE: Stupid And Probably Previously Answered Question...

Post by Terminus »

No. 5 new scens "in the box", 1 or 2 more in patches.
We are all dreams of the Giant Space Butterfly.
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

I am looking forward to the Aleutians Campaign.

I understand it was well-researched and put together by a curmudgeonly perfectionist, living in a cave, huddled over vast piles of books, read by candlelight.

Terminus

Post by Terminus »

He's overrated...
wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

ORIGINAL: Terminus

He's overrated...

Not if you slap on more BBQ sauce and let him roast over an open fire for 2-days with everybody singing French poetry in Japanese.

At that point he becomes and icon (and perhaps a good meal)...[:D][:D][:D]
Flipper
Chad Harrison

Post by Chad Harrison »

I know it has been asked before, and posted before, but I can never get the search function to work right . . .

AE Scearnios:

In the box:

1. Grand Campaign
2. ???
3. Aleutian Campaign
4. Guadacanal Campaign
5. ???

Patched:

6. Operation Downfall
7. ???
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

ORIGINAL: Chad Harrison

I know it has been asked before, and posted before, but I can never get the search function to work right . . .

AE Scearnios:

In the box:

1. Grand Campaign
2. ??? Grand Campaign Japanese-Friendly Mod Scenario.
3. Aleutian Campaign
4. Guadacanal Campaign
5. ??? Coral Sea.

Patched:

6. Operation Downfall
7. ??? TBD
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

What is Japanese Friendly Mod? They drop roses instead of bombs on December 7?
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

No, I meant "friendly" to the Japanese. It gives them more stuff (units, supplies, resources) to play with. Nothing over the top, but still...
khyberbill

Post by khyberbill »

No, I meant "friendly" to the Japanese. It gives them more stuff (units, supplies, resources) to play with. Nothing over the top, but still...
Now why do I think my opponents will want to play this mod? Hopefully, they dont get it until 1943.
"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.
Chad Harrison

Post by Chad Harrison »

AE Scearnios:

In the box:

1. Grand Campaign
2. ??? Grand Campaign Japanese-Friendly Mod Scenario.
3. Aleutian Campaign
4. Guadacanal Campaign
5. ??? Coral Sea.

Patched:

6. Operation Downfall
7. ??? TBD

[/quote]

Thanks Terminus.

Like the majority of players I am sure, I am going to cut my AE teeth on the smaller scenarios first. So I am curious if we could get the following general information on the three small scenarios included at launch:

Questions:

Aleutians

1. Approximate start and end date.
2. Approximate span of map. Is Japan or the West Coast in the map? If not, what will the major forward base be fore each side (Anchorage and ???).
3. 100% historical OOB or some assumptions? For instance, depending on the dates, does it assume Midway didnt happen, or that more forces were committed to it than historically, or something along those lines.

Guadacanal

1. I believe I once heard that this was a remake of Scenario 5 'Guadacanal' in stock WitP. Is this the case? If so, are its dates going to remain at August 4th 1942 to February 1st 1943? Or is it more like Scenario 4 'South Pacific' in stock WitP which covered the much broader, and longer campaign from May 1st 1942 to February 28th 1943?
2. If it is a remake, was the OOB revisted and corrected? I know in the original, stock scenario there were a handfull of ships/aircraft/LCU's missing, and some that should not have been there.
3. Will the map size be the same as it was in the stock scenarios or will it expand to show New Zealand for instance?

Coral Sea
1. I assume that this is almost exaclty the same as the stock scenario 3 'Coral Sea' from May 1st to May 15th. Is this the case? Was the OOB revisted?

Thanks in advance!

Chad
Terminus

Post by Terminus »

I can't tell you that much, Chad (has to be SOME surprises)... However, I will say that we've done our utmost to research OOBs and such. They're as good as we were able to make them, and that's very, very good (in my humble opinion).

I can speak in general terms about The Thousand-Mile War, which is the name of the Aleutian scenario and my own contribution to the scenario list. I decided to cut it down to the summer of 1943, around the time of the US counter-invasion, because most of the time from the Jap landings forward to the fall of Attu was pretty dull game material.

There is, by necessity, a certain what-if element in it, namely that Japan decides to fight to keep the Aleutians, instead of evacuating them. The US/Canadian OOB is as close to perfect as I was able to research, but the Japanese OOB (especially the land units) is slightly more speculative. I based the LCU list on what I could find was based there in real life and added what I thought would be a realistic boost to their strength (given the concurrent Solomons/New Guinea campaign).

The Jap naval and air OOB's are better, because the sources are more readily available.
Chad Harrison

Post by Chad Harrison »

I can't tell you that much, Chad (has to be SOME surprises)... However, I will say that we've done our utmost to research OOBs and such. They're as good as we were able to make them, and that's very, very good (in my humble opinion).

Thanks for the reply. I know that there have to be atleast some surprises, but you never know where the line is drawn [:D]

Looking forward to all of the small scenarios to learn AE. Its enough to know that the OOB's were revisted for the scenarios covering the same engagements as stock WitP.

Thanks again.

Chad

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”