Question for Vic : order of checks and events

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

welk

Question for Vic : order of checks and events

Post by welk »

Perhaps this question will be stupid, but...

1/ I saw that the check in one event are examined one after one, in the order they are listed.

2/ What is the rule for event themselves ? Are they examined, each round (or each turn) un the order they are listed ?

welk

RE: Question for Vic : order of checks and events

Post by welk »

Vic : for more precision : I noticed that two event can modify two gameslot or more. If these events have effects in the same round, what is the order for execution ? The order they are listed or other unknowed order ? (excuse if stupid question but I have not any knolwsdge in programming).
Vic

Post by Vic »

Events can be set to execute EarlyTurn, LateTurn or Round. You can also set an event to not be executed at any of these phases.

In all 3 event execute phases elligble events are executed in order they are listed. i.e number 1 first, then number 2

kind reg,
vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
welk

Post by welk »

Ok, thanks Vic. I will continue to learn with.
welk

Post by welk »

Vic, please : excuse me but something is missing in your answer.

Ok, checks events are for rounds, start turn or edn turn and examined in the order they are listed.

But what is the situation for the events themselve ? See pleaase the screen above :

Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

All Round Check events in order listed.
then
All Early Turn Check events in order listed.
then
All Late Turn Check events in order listed.
then
Player 1 turn.
then
All Early Turn Check events in order listed.
then
All Late Turn Check events in order listed.
then
Player 2 turn.
etc.
Then repeat next round.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
welk

Post by welk »

Thanks but excuse me again: It is not exactly what I want to know.

In anwser, there is a possible confusion due to the exact words that are used : a check is a part of event, but a event may have other content than check : set value, etc.

I prefer to have precision and exactitude in words, it is better in learning.

The pb is not the order of checks in the events, that is ok and understanded.

The question is : what is the order between events themselves.

Take the situation of my screen : there are event listed :

1/Weather
2/Give supply
3/Reinf liege
4/Reinf Luxemburg etc...

My exact question question is : If I suppose that weather event and give supply event have the both a check round (supposition for the sample and the question), may I be sure that the check round of "weather" event will be examined before the check of "give supply event" ?

Also, other formulation if you prefer :

If two events have contents (check, set value,etc.) absolutly identical in kind (I.e : 2 checks) and at the same level (i.e : 2 check round), what is the order of execution between them ? Is it the order of the event presentation list ?

Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

ORIGINAL: welk

My exact question question is : If I suppose that weather event and give supply event have the both a check round (supposition for the sample and the question), may I be sure that the check round of "weather" event will be examined before the check of "give supply event" ?

If both have the same type of check, that is both are "Round Check", then yes the weather event will always happen before the supply event if it is listed first.
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
welk

Post by welk »

Ok, thanks.[;)] That is exactly I wanted to know, because I have seen in some situations that 2 or more events may "work" on the same gameslot to determine this value (i.e incrementation), and I wanted be sure about the order of gameslot modification.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”