Random CTD

Post bug reports and ask for support here.
doomtrader

RE: Random CTD

Post by doomtrader »

This looks strange.
I'll try to hunt this tomorrow or on saturday.
Nickel

Post by Nickel »

Here is the latest Console out. Game froze immediately after start of turn one 1939 campaign, first mouse click
Attachments
ConsoleOut.txt
(239.39 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
never in driblets, but in mass
Nickel

Post by Nickel »

Just had the worst crash I ever had with a game. When I restarted my computer my motherboard setup screen came up, then I was asked if i wasnted to enter CMOS before starting Windows. I had Task running while I played the game in a popup window. It was using 50% of my CPU. Seems like alot for a game without sophisticated graphics or sound? Check out the pic. I am losing faith guys.
Attachments
CPUusage.jpg
CPUusage.jpg (215.16 KiB) Viewed 384 times
gwgardner

Post by gwgardner »

This is not likely to be appreciated by you, but ... I've been playing the game for like 4 or 5 months now, pretty regularly. never had any crash. I did have a bad save one time.

The kinds of problems you're having sound like memory capacity or video card issues.

cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

I hate to comment when I have no real advice, but maybe it can be of some help to know I got the game in August 2008, and have never seen anything like what you are seeing.  I am running Vista, using popup window, on a Toshiba Notebook.  Are there any other games that give you trouble, or even any applications that CTD?  As you say this game does not push the limits of what can be done with gaming.

Sorry for your problems.

Chuck
Nickel

Post by Nickel »

Yes I know that I appear to be the only with this issue. Any of you guys running anti virus/ firewall. i normally shut it down when i play games offline. I let it run one time when i loaded the game and it does not like what the game does to windows. I had several problems after the last crash. I had to go into CMOS as the crash threw my system clock off time. The crash also wiped away all restore points! It also caused my antivirus to shut down due to the system/ windows clock differences. Good luck, but I am done with this piece of software. BTW I run both Stalker games, The Witcher, Fallout 3, Mass Effect, Obilvion and Crysis with no problems what so ever. I have numerous WW2 games by HPS Sim as well as other companies CDV & SSG. I picked up some of the Battlefront games today and can even run those with my antivirus/ firewall turned on w/out any problem. Maybe I got a bad disc for this game or something, but I am not going to risk blowing up my machine.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Nickel, I'm really sorry but we didn't found any solution.

If I understand correctly you have a retail version of the game. Have you got possibility to check how does it works on other computer?

You can also wait for next update. It will take some time until then, but it's going to be very big so maybe there won't be any more problems.
Nickel

Post by Nickel »

Installed new anti-virus software and tried to run ww2 again. Crashed but different lost my mouse, but I had a false pointer. When I moved my mouse different numbers and letters showed through the game map. I was able to use escape and then click exit to Windows. The menu after escape was greyed out. Here is the console out

Attachments
ConsoleOut.txt
(264.47 KiB) Downloaded 3 times
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Hi Nickel.
ConsoleOut.txt again looks fine.
What I can say is that we have changed many display aspects with the new update.

What I can propose is to try to run the game on another computer and see is the problem occuring. Have you got such possibility?
Nickel

Post by Nickel »

Sorry no other PC availible except my company laptop. That has too much snoop ware for me to try running the game. They will know. I will see what I can do as we might be able to rule out defective disc at least. BTW I am correct that this game runs w/out the disc in the drive.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

BTW I am correct that this game runs w/out the disc in the drive

Yes, you are right.
Nickel

Post by Nickel »

I got it to run. I installed an earlier set of GPU drivers.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

This is really good news. [:)]
Nickel

Post by Nickel »

Spoke to soon. I played 3 turns and then the game froze. No CTD it just froze. Here is Console Out, but I did not see anything odd.
Attachments
ConsoleOut.txt
(185.67 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

It looks fine.

You might try to add save game file.

Return to “Tech Support”