CTD when launching "Assault" missions.

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.
Gargantou

CTD when launching "Assault" missions.

Post by Gargantou »

Hello, I am encountering a constant CTD when launching missions titled "Assault" in the second dynamic campaign, the mission loads fine etc but just as the load-bar ends and the 3D engine should boot up, it CTDs immediately.

Patrol missions etc work fine, but these "Assault @" missions do not.

I am sorry if this is a known issue, I just want to know for sure that it isn't something specific on my end or such.

By the way, I'm running 5.02(Bad experiences with beta-patches so 5.03 is a nono for me)

Thanks for any helpful responses!

//Regards Gargantou
Imperium

RE: CTD when launching "Assault" missions.

Post by Imperium »

This is happening to me as well, so it isn't an isolated incident.  I'm also running 5.02. 
wdboyd

Post by wdboyd »

I came across this error while playtesting the 5.0.3 beta.

ERROR: unknown ship design 'Raider' in mission '08-Focus.def'\nERROR: unknown ship design 'Vagrant' in mission '08-Focus.def'\nLoading ShipDesign 'Jackal'
Ship Design Radius = 100.880684
Mission Loaded.

The Raider.def ship has been replaced by the Marauder.def ship. The mission(08) needs to be updated to reflect the change.

This may also be causing the problem(s) you are experiancing. 

The same problem has apparently reared its ugly head in the games dynamic campaign missions considering the fact that the Raider type has been replaced by the Maurauder type of ship. If the assault mission(s) in question call for the old Raider craft, it could cause the problem.

Then again, this might have abosolutely no involvement in your CTD problem.

I am pleased to report that at least one player reported being able to play through the entire dynamic campaign using the 5.0.3 beta. That's not much help, I know, but at least the beta corrected some things.

"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils!"
wdboyd

Post by wdboyd »

ORIGINAL: Gargantou

By the way, I'm running 5.02(Bad experiences with beta-patches so 5.03 is a nono for me)

//Regards Gargantou

The 5.0.2 verson has been very problematic with many players. They added TrackIR suppport with this version.

If you can, stick with the 5.0.1 version of the game. It is apparently very stable. That is what I used after having CTD problems with 5.0.2.

Fortunately, I was able to delete that 5.0.2 version and reload my 5.0.1 copy. For the past couple of months I've been using the 5.0.3 beta with no problems.
Gargantou

Post by Gargantou »

ORIGINAL: wdboyd

ORIGINAL: Gargantou

//Regards Gargantou

The 5.0.2 verson has been very problematic with many players. They added TrackIR suppport with this version.

If you can, stick with the 5.0.1 version of the game. It is apparently very stable. That is what I used after having CTD problems with 5.0.2.

Fortunately, I was able to delete that 5.0.2 version and reload my 5.0.1 copy. For the past couple of months I've been using the 5.0.3 beta with no problems.
Thank you, I did just that, reverted to 5.0.1, and it plays far better for me, and I can play Assault missions etc fine, which adds a whole lot to the game for me!

Thanks for your help and thanks for your great modsite by the way!

//Regards
wdboyd

Post by wdboyd »

I'm glad you have been able to run version 5.0.1.

Thanks for the comment about www.starshattermods.com. Feel free to take advantage of all the site has to offer.

Keep Em Flying Commander. [:)]

Return to “Tech Support”