July 1861

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderators: Joel Billings, PyleDriver

robot

July 1861

Post by robot »

Eastern Theater
July 1861

well here goes once again I am starting over hope this one works out. There is so much to worry about in this game and my mind is just not as sharp as it once was. A really big problem I have is managing my supply. Oh well maybe ill do better this time thru.

July 1861 and the south has fired on fort Sumter this war is now started. An order was issued that all the navy ships that can be spared be sent to the Gulf as soon as possible. It seems there was only 6 ships that could be pulled from the east coast and they are on the way to the gulf. Wont reach there until next month it seems. They are to move into the mouth of the Mississippi and help with the invasion of the two forts there.

General Scott is in command of the Eastern forces while Freemont will head up the Western. McDowell will be in command of the Army of the Potomoc in Washington. McClellen is in command of the Army of the Shanadoah in WV. Orders from Lincoln that we are to do something about the Rebels. McDowell issues orders to move on Manassas even tho he has sent memos to Lincoln that our troops are not ready and wont be ready for at least 3 months. At the same time McClellen in WV has sent Rosecrans with 12000 men and 1 gun to take Grafton WV. Kelly is to move on Charleston WV at the same time with his force of 2000 men.

Kelly has taken Charleston with little to no trouble and WV has decided to go with the Union for the duration of the war. Rosecrans with 12000 men has taken and defeated the 2000 men that were in Grafton. In both battles our losses were light while the Rebs have lost over 1400 men. The battle however in Manassas has not gone well for the north. We were able to muster 22000 men and 20 guns while the Rebs met us with 28000 men and 60 guns. We lost almost 4000 men while the Rebs losses were near only 2000 men. Our boys broke and ran after only about 25 minutes of hard fighting. They took off running and ran all the way back to Washington scatering civilian onlookers on the way.

Western Theater meanwhile was fairly quite. Moved Lyon over to Cairo ILL. To take over the Army of Missouri till Grant is able to take over. Also activated Halleck along with Grant this month. Moved Dietzler from MO to Cairo along with Lyon he brought 12000 men along with him. We are building up the Army of Missouri in Cairo so as to move into KY in September.

Sent Carr a horse soldier to take Joplin Mo. Also Sturgis another horse soldier was sent into Springfield to take it. Big Mo has also decided its better to be Union then southern during this war.

In Ohio have moved all divisions there down close to the border to be ready for any southern invasion into Ky. this year. Have started forming the Army of Ohio in Cincinnati. Which Lyon will take command of when Grant takes over army of Mo.

The President called for a draft this month as we need all the available manpower we can muster. They will go into training camps in Baltimore, Cincinnati, and St. Louis. Hopefully by the first of the year we will have an army of 50000 in Washington and at least one of 35000 in Grafton. Also would like to have one of 55000 in Cairo and another of at least 35000 in Ohio.

In production this month started building 4 Iron sides along with 3 Transports and 6 cruisers. Several Guns are also started production.
Robots wear armor for skin.Grunts wear skin for armor.
robot

RE: July 1861

Post by robot »

August 1861
Eastern Theater

The Navy moved into the mouth of the Mississippi and began to engage the forts there. Almost immediatly they ran into trouble from the heavy guns of fort St. Phippe. the heavy and constant fire from there guns damaged two of our ships and we had to retreat back out into the gulf. Was able to invade Daphine Island just off Alabama coast. Runyan with 4000 men and one heavy gun was able to overcome the defenders and it is now in our hands. They are fast at work constructing some kind of a fort there now.

Mean while in Baltimore at least 12000 recruits have poured into the training camp there and are hard at work learning to be fighting men of the Union.

August 1861
Western Theater

Fremont has been dismissed as commander of the western armies and Halleck has been appointed to head up the Western Theater. He has moved his command from St. Louis to Cairo ILL. in order to be closer to the invasion of Ky. next month. AT lest 8000 new recruits has arrived in St. Louis to begin there training.

In Cincinnati another 4000 new troops has arrived by train there to start there training. Next year will be a tough time as all the armies will begin to use the new Corp system that will be put in place come January first of the new year. 1862 will be some major changes in policy for the Army plus for the politicians back in Washington as well.

In production have ordered 2 or 3 more cruisers as we need them to stop the reb raiders from attacking our shipping.Have moved some decent future corp leaders into Washington and Cairo in prep for the big change.
Treefrog

Post by Treefrog »

What happenend next in the Great War grandpa?
"L'audace, l'audace, toujours l'audace."
robot

Post by robot »

Nothing my comp came apart and i had to delete all of my hard drive and start over. There wont be a finish to this war im sorry to say. Maybe better luck with the next one eh. Which will be some time im afraid as my son is working his butt off at work and unavailable to come down and help me with the reinstall.

Return to “After Action Reports”