freeware downloads

Welcome to the new war raging across hundreds of light years at once, with mechanized Titans as the main fighting force.

Moderator: MOD_TitansOfSteel

LarkinVB

freeware downloads

Post by LarkinVB »

TOS:WS got well over 20.000 downloads across all mirrors. I'm curious how many did really play the game at all.
Eilim

RE: freeware downloads

Post by Eilim »

Well, I can vouch for atleast one. Granted, it was because of this post. :) Couldn't find my original download from back when I purchased it, so decided to grab the freeware. Now I just have to relearn everything. The one thing that did come back quickly was just how much fun I had playing the game. As a Mech game junky, I do have to say ToS was always my favorite and I was always dissapointed it never caught on bigger and gathered more support. I always had dreams of more comprhensive campaign/rpg-like feature support in possible expansions and/or sequels. Oh well,  atleast I was able to find my copy of the 'unsupported' editor and might have to try my hand at making maps/campaigns again.
sabre1

Post by sabre1 »

I played, play the game.  It is really quite a gem.  Just so little time and definitely too many friggin games.  I love the RPG aspects of it.  Which reminds me, I need to check out the Warengine...[:)]
Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few
jureidinim

Post by jureidinim »

Still play from time to time.

Eternius

Post by Eternius »

I had been playing the beta for a while now but recently discovered the most recent version here. Love the changes though wish I could still have the pleasure of working while random teams of bots annihalate each other in the background. ^_^

A great game, put very simply.
woodpecker

Post by woodpecker »

I played the old ToS many years ago, and recently found the free WS download.  Now I am playing the game again, probably more hours each day than I should be.  Definitely one of my all-time favorite games!
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

I downloaded WS yesterday, and still haven't played it. I might give it a try, but becouse BattleTech & MegaMek are so great with the combined arms, campaign systems, and everything else, I'm almost certain I won't become devoted WS player.
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
namad

Post by namad »

Not sure if it is appropriate to necro this thread but... this thread definitely didn't get enough love so... I downloaded and played the game this week :)
Tecnócrata

Post by Tecnócrata »

Normal, many people will download free stuff since there's no cost in doing so... It's normal. If that serves the purpose of some discovering this more than great game, fine.

I bought this when released, at full price, and don't regret it. Still playing now (just started a new campaign from Rookie level).
Home of the Underdogs is back!

Spread the word!

http://www.hotud.org
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

Don't forget to add the 1.2.2 patch. It's well worth I think. 
SSFSX17

Post by SSFSX17 »

I still play against the AI every once in a while.
"People are easily amused by quotes." - Some guy with a cool-sounding name
Tecnócrata

Post by Tecnócrata »

I did, many thanks. The "cloning" thing is particularly a nice addition. Just lost my leader at the beginning of a battle (critical chainsaw hit) and it's good to keep all those hard earned PX.
Home of the Underdogs is back!

Spread the word!

http://www.hotud.org
Ghstbear

Post by Ghstbear »

Dear LarkinVB,

I noticed a little bug. If the mission objective is to destroy all the buildings in a given target area, it's currently not allowing the player to see any targets. I think this is related to the new upgrade of not using a target area unless it applies to mission completion.
Another thought on this: In the campaign I have been making, there are times when I would like to highlight a certain hex as important, but I don't feel the person must go there or destroy anything there to complete the mission. I have found it is sometimes useful even if it does not relate to the mission. Isn't there some advantage to still being able to see it? Just a thought.
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

Bug confirmed.

I will also reenable area display without a relating victory/defeat condition. It is usefull and already used (expl. metaborator map 4). I disabled it because the latest map editor is setting the areas to 11/11 by default which can be confusing.

Solution: I will allow target/exit area display if it is either
a) connected to a victory/defeat condition OR
b) it is an area bigger than 1 hex OR
c) it is size of 1 hex but not hex 11/11.

Edit: Fixed and uploaded with b37

cdbeck

Post by cdbeck »

I played this back before it was freeware...

SoM
"Neca eos omnes. Deus suos agnoscet!"
(Kill them all. God will know his own.)

-- Arnaud-Armaury, the Albigensian Crusade
Aensland

Post by Aensland »

Mmm, I love the fresh smell of updates :)

I *think* I stalled out at the last campaign, "Vossler's Gambit". My notes show I stopped playing at map 8, "Hare of the Rabbit". Is this the last map, and is it still the last campaign? I recall having merged my two squads of 4 (it's easier to manage a squad of 4) for this campaign all those years ago.

I'm gonna start over, all over again, and maybe bore you all with more uninspired battle reports [:D] Actually, wow, I'm surprised I still have my old campaign notes. All of them. Complete with cheesy narration. I'm looking forward to using the 1.2.2 updates this time around though.
Ab Clades, Malevolentia; Ab Victoria, Ultio
( " In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! " )
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

Vosslers Gambit is 11 maps. There is a new branching campaign, rise of robots, in the titan's map room. 
LarkinVB

Post by LarkinVB »

ORIGINAL: Ghstbear
Another thought on this: In the campaign I have been making, there are times when I would like to highlight a certain hex as important, but I don't feel the person must go there or destroy anything there to complete the mission. I have found it is sometimes useful even if it does not relate to the mission. Isn't there some advantage to still being able to see it? Just a thought.

Is it possible to set a target area unrelated to win/defeat conditions with the current editor ? I tried but failed. I know that this feature is used in map 4 of the metaborator campaign but perhaps this was only possible because it was created with an earlier version of the editor. I did not code the editor and can't remember.
Ghstbear

Post by Ghstbear »

It's a little jumping through hoops.  You have to set the mission objective to a target related one, then set the targets where you want.  Then you can switch it back and it does preserve their location.
Stafroty

Post by Stafroty »

im playing this. Loving it like crazy, got myself totally addicted to it!! [:D]

[&o]

Return to “Titans of Steel - Warring Suns”