Problems with the game.

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderator: Gil R.

jakethesnake

Problems with the game.

Post by jakethesnake »

I find the game addicting however there are a few things that I have major problems with and some errors I have observed.

1. First of all I hate that in order to "undo" a move I have to back space every move that I have made since I made that move. If I have a city make a purchase and then move my armies, If I then change my mind about the purchase I have to undo all the army moves to get back to the city purchace.

2. If I purchase a "special" for a unit there is no way to undo the purchase. One time I had a unit that I wanted to give two brigade artillery and I hit the purchace button twice, and all it did has buy the attribute twice for the same slot for that brigade, I was charged the resourses twice and ended up with the one "special" with no way to undo the purchase.

3. Govenors should have effects that effect a percentage of the economic output of thier state. I cannot comprehend how the Govenor of Arkansas can reduce the production of Confederate Iron by -15pts or -30% of total national production, when none of it comes from his state. Also can their br some sence to the Govenor requests. In my last game as the Confederacy on the second turn the Govenors of both Virginia and North Carolina asked for manufacturing centers, that I couldnt afford and wouldnt build either way. The Govenor of Georgia asked for a University, and the Govenor of Alabama asked for three Barracks in six months. I like the challenge of playing with the Govenor options until they all come up with the most ubsurd requests. Lastly It has been mentioned in other threads and the game rules that Govenors sometimes drop thier requests. In my game ver 1.10.10 I have never had a request dropped ever. So as soon as one makes a request in Aug 61 for a Bank I have to write that Govenor off for the rest of the game.

3. When ever one of my Blockade runners takes a hit for 8 damage, it dissappears. So in the Events summery the message Blockade runners take 8 damage reducing strenth from 10 to 2, it has been effectively sunk. Whats up??
Jake the Snake
terje439

RE: Problems with the game.

Post by terje439 »

1. Agree, quite annoying at times, but after a while you get into it, and such "I've changed my mind" incidents are far fewer

2. Not noticed that before. BTW, you do know that buying two artillery brigades/cavalery brigades converts that INF brugade into an ARTY/CAV brigade and halves its current quality?

3. That a GOV can reduce the total income of the entire nation is something I find annoying as well (espesially as the Union when everyone hates you). That you do not build something the GOV wants immediately is no biggie, you have several turns to do so, but I agree that they can indeed be a royal PITA at times. It comes down to;
-Do you need the building?
-Do you have the resources to build it?
-Do you need a good relationship with the GOV in the peculiar state?
I as an example will try to keep the GOVs in VA and LA happy, as that will be were most of my units will be built (due to pop size).
What I will usually ignore however is requests for a certain number of brigades unless there is bound to be fighting in that state (VA is a prime example).

4. ANY ship that is reduced to 2 health is sunk, not just runners. Why this is so is a Q for the designers, but had me baffled a few times as well.
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

Return to “Forge of Freedom - Support”