Rescaling counters in graphics program & more

Discuss and post your mods and scenarios here for others to download.

Moderator: Vic

Grymme

Rescaling counters in graphics program & more

Post by Grymme »

So

I have found some really beautiful counter. Only they are 62*62 in size. The Standard size for AT is 38*38. So does anyone know an easy way to rescale an picture from one pixelsize to another? What program could do this? (if any)

Another question. When you create a landscape there are all those pretty borderpictures. E3, e4, e5 etc. Does anyone know of a system of creating these a little quicker than to just handpainting each of them?

Does anyone know how the creators of Boardgamemod and Realmod made their creations?
My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G
Barthheart

RE: Rescaling counters in graphics program & more

Post by Barthheart »

ORIGINAL: Grymme

So

I have found some really beautiful counter. Only they are 62*62 in size. The Standard size for AT is 38*38. So does anyone know an easy way to rescale an picture from one pixelsize to another? What program could do this? (if any)

I use Paint Shop Pro to do this.
Another question. When you create a landscape there are all those pretty borderpictures. E3, e4, e5 etc. Does anyone know of a system of creating these a little quicker than to just handpainting each of them?

Don't know but I think you need to do them by hand.
Does anyone know how the creators of Boardgamemod and Realmod made their creations?

Lots of talent![:D]
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

So

GIMP has a rescale feature that I use for making counter graphics. I think even MS paint and/or MS photo editor has one somewhere.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
Barthheart

Post by Barthheart »

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

So

GIMP has a rescale feature that I use for making counter graphics. I think even MS paint and/or MS photo editor has one somewhere.

I wouldn't use MSpaint though... it does a really bad job of the reduction...
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty & well preserved body,
but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"
Grymme

Post by Grymme »

Thanks for the suggestions. Downloaded a trial version of Pixelgrease and tried my hands on some counters. Here is my initial result.

Its a little hard to tell but there is some militia, siege engines, legioners and carthagians there. Nice or bad?

The solution to the landscapething seems more far away though.

Attachments
screen.jpg
screen.jpg (39.58 KiB) Viewed 51 times
My Advanced Tactics Mod page
http://atgscenarios.wordpress.com

30+ scenarios, maps and mods for AT and AT:G
Widell

Post by Widell »

There's also PIXresizer which is free in case you have a lot of images to resize: http://bluefive.pair.com/free_computer_ ... izertarget

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”