Coming Soon

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

LeeChard

Coming Soon

Post by LeeChard »

What is the definition of coming soon?
wernerpruckner

RE: Coming Soon

Post by wernerpruckner »

depends.....
dr. smith

Post by dr. smith »

. . . on your definition of "definition" . . . .
pompack

Post by pompack »

... then there is reaching agreement on the exact meaning of "coming" as it applies here, assumiong of course that such meaning is not time-varient, otherwise we must first define "soon" in order to provide the specific f(t) as it applies in this application ...
K.Pooley

Post by K.Pooley »

Don't forget of course that the verb 'to come' can be either transitive or intransitive.[;)]

My teacher once asked me what was wrong with my English grammar. I told him "nothing... both my gramma's are Welsh."

Kev
Kev

Y Ddraig Goch am Byth
Justascratch

Post by Justascratch »

. . . and as former President Clinton pointed out, the definition of "is" can also be a major concern.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

I think I am going to stay out of this one, you guys are doing a good enough job as it is 
joey

Post by joey »

Don't forget Einstein said time was relative. That whole time space continum theory. The question "What is the definition of coming soon?"cannot be answered without considering the gravitational forces and the over all relativity of the universe associated with the question. I remember a question in the navy on an exam "define the universe and give three examples." The question "What is the definition of coming soon?" similiarly cannot be consided in any non-relative context less be answered in any reasonable fashion. It is an impossible question to answer.
Oh wait a minute, Einstein said there was no gravity - only space time - damn! damn! damn!..............
Nevermind.... So what is the definition of coming soon?????
LeeChard

Post by LeeChard »

Apparently it's like try to reach a point by cutting the distance in half each step. You can't get there from here.
wernerpruckner

Post by wernerpruckner »

The Team is working on it.....it is not yet ready to release!!!

does that sound better ???
LeeChard

Post by LeeChard »

Sorry for the impatience, but I really love these games. I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas.
wernerpruckner

Post by wernerpruckner »

no problem,
I am sure you want a playable game,
so please be patient.....[8D]
Phatguy

Post by Phatguy »

Well, I for one would like this damn thing to be released before I need to have another bout with my hear surgery in a few years
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....
Sarconix

Post by Sarconix »

Add my voice to the chorus that is looking forward to this game. However, do take all the time you need to get it right... but no more than that! [:)]

And a question... who is working on this? Matrix employees, original developers, another studio, volunteers...?
harley

Post by harley »

ORIGINAL: Sarconix

And a question... who is working on this? Matrix employees, original developers, another studio, volunteers...?

Aside from our test team, there are 3 of us, HARD Sarge is the project leader/order of battle guy, and USS_MAINE (aka waynno) and I are the programmers. We are independent from Matrix, though Matrix owns the copyright to our work. We're closer to volunteers than any other category.

gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy
Sarconix

Post by Sarconix »

Thanks... always interesting to know what goes on in the background on one of these projects. Nice job from what I have seen so far.

If you can tell me, what are the big tasks still ahead of the team? I don't really know what goes into doing one of these remakes, e.g. Close Combat: Cross of Iron (which I recently purchased).
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

overall, would say we working on closing down some explots in the game systems, finish off a bug or two, that we thought we killed, but keeps sneaking back in, finish off parts of the UI, and trying to get it all to work the way we think it should

(to be honest, it is more then that, but basicly sounds about right)

Sarconix

Post by Sarconix »

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge
overall, would say we working on closing down some explots in the game systems, finish off a bug or two, that we thought we killed, but keeps sneaking back in, finish off parts of the UI, and trying to get it all to work the way we think it should

Thanks. I am in software development professionally, so I know about the creeping bugs. Best of luck, and I'll be keeping an eye on this one!
tblersch

Post by tblersch »

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

(to be honest, it is more then that, but basicly sounds about right)

My current project can be described almost identically. Except for the "coming soon" part...we're about nine months from delivery, if the project management isn't reorganized again in the next three months. And our software, with a $40M development budget, won't be nearly as reliable as TOH/BTR when you're done, because we're not accountable to our users like you are.

Can you tell I work for the US government?

Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

if you want to spin off some of that budget our way, I am sure I can some fancy new stuff added (and it might even work)

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”