XP Themes and GOA

Adanac's Strategic level World War I grand campaign game designed by Frank Hunter

Moderator: SeanD

Stwa

XP Themes and GOA

Post by Stwa »

OK, GOA is starting to look better and better, but I did encounter one disapointed thing. The game is not using all of the included bitmap files for the Main Screen display. It took some doing but, I got it to work somehow. I am experimenting with some various colors, and am trying to see how they look with colors from some of my XP Themes.

This screenshot will show a game that no longer uses the original textured images.

Attachments
GOAAlternateGraphics.jpg
GOAAlternateGraphics.jpg (159.09 KiB) Viewed 51 times
Stwa

RE: XP Themes and GOA

Post by Stwa »

I was able to lose the textured main screen bitmaps after all. Please see updated screenshot in post above.
mantrain

Post by mantrain »

This really looks nice! how could I get this on my screen (icon with commander profiles.)?
Stwa

Post by Stwa »

I believe you get em from the members area, after you register your game.
Stwa

Post by Stwa »

another

Attachments
GOAAlternateGraphics.jpg
GOAAlternateGraphics.jpg (174.89 KiB) Viewed 51 times
newmanovci

Post by newmanovci »

I've got to be honest, although the alternative graphics are quite nice, personally I prefer the originals. Good to have the option though I suppose.
Stwa

Post by Stwa »

Yes, there could be lots of people that really enjoy the original textured graphics for the map and the main screens. And in their own way they are very nice looking.

But for me, and I can't really explain this, I like a more simple non-textured looked, so I was glad to see the alternate map was available.

[:)]

Return to “Guns of August 1914 - 1918”