GOA Alternate Graphics

Adanac's Strategic level World War I grand campaign game designed by Frank Hunter

Moderator: SeanD

Stwa

GOA Alternate Graphics

Post by Stwa »

I don't really like the textured graphics that much for this game. I seem to prefer non-textured stuff, so I have been using the alternate map, with the original counters and buttons. I also changed all the Main screen textured panels that were in the graphics folder, but even though I changed everything, it just didn't seem to do the trick. What a bummer, eh?

Attachments
GOAAlternateGraphics.jpg
GOAAlternateGraphics.jpg (169.29 KiB) Viewed 81 times
Stwa

RE: GOA Alternate Graphics

Post by Stwa »

I am working on a modification of the Alternate Map. This version has the painted hexes removes, and looks a little cleaner during gameplay. I don't have the photoshop overlays so when I removed the hexes, the roads got removed too. But it still looks nice and clean, if very vanilla.

Also, I found the IronX counters, so I am trying them out.

But for Frank Hunter,

It seems you have embedded bitmaps in the exe. (see textured text boxes in screen pic), and so I was wondering if it was possible to desribe the text boxes as transparent (i.e. without an underlying bitmap graphic).

Attachments
GOAAlternateGraphics.jpg
GOAAlternateGraphics.jpg (113.94 KiB) Viewed 81 times
Stwa

Post by Stwa »

The no hex map is about done now. I still have a few stray "pink" parts here and there, but I have also created an overview and overall map without hexes as well. It looks pretty generic, and not quite as nice as the others since the roads are missing from the version. But, it more reminds me of a boardgame look.

Attachments
GOAAlternateGraphics.jpg
GOAAlternateGraphics.jpg (118.37 KiB) Viewed 80 times
Stwa

Post by Stwa »

I have updated this map, see screen shot above..
FM WarB

Post by FM WarB »

Stwa,
Roads Arent important. I'd like to see railroads, and ofcourse ports and any other corrections, due to mismarking or updates.
Warren
Stwa

Post by Stwa »

Sure, I can put the ports on, maybe some of the railroads, too. But I am kinda new to the game, so I will have to get a list of the ports, etc.. And for some reason, I thought railway movement was just an abstract subset of strategic movement. (i.e. it can occur from any hex?)
Stwa

Post by Stwa »

Another thing too, I was thinking I my try to paint in the coast of North Africa, because I do not understand the big blank rectangle on the map.
lordhoff

Post by lordhoff »

Sure, I can put the ports on, maybe some of the railroads, too. But I am kinda new to the game, so I will have to get a list of the ports, etc.. And for some reason, I thought railway movement was just an abstract subset of strategic movement. (i.e. it can occur from any hex?)

Very true - where the RRs are has no game effect from what I have gathered. Aesthetically, it would be nice (but like roads, not important).

These biting remarks brought to you by Terry and his troops: Legio K IX, King Sarge II Commanding
Stwa

Post by Stwa »

OK guys!

I tried again, and this time I was able to remove the hexes from the alternate map without removing the roads, parts or the forest, or other stuff. So NOW I am one happy camper. Most of my graphics "mods" have worked (except to food icons and stuff), and I am settling into some game play.

Attachments
GOAAlternateGraphics.jpg
GOAAlternateGraphics.jpg (136.02 KiB) Viewed 80 times

Return to “Guns of August 1914 - 1918”