Totally off topic.. Go Jets, and please let the Pats loose..

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Hornblower

Totally off topic.. Go Jets, and please let the Pats loose..

Post by Hornblower »

Totally off topic.. Go Jets, and please let the Pats loose.. Man my team is killing me!!!!!!!!! [:@]
DivePac88

RE: Totally off topic.. Go Jets, and please let the Pats loose..

Post by DivePac88 »

So I take it that the 'Jets' are a code name for a secret Allied 'Demon' weapon, and that the 'Pats' are short for 'Patsies', which is a code word for the Japanese? Very clever.
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

what´s it? Basketball? Icehockey?
DivePac88

Post by DivePac88 »

No it’s a super secret commutation between two Allied players. It’s an Allied conspiracy.
When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way
Blackhorse

Post by Blackhorse »

ORIGINAL: castor troy

It's about which teams make the playoffs (a chance to play for the championship) in American football. The last games of the regular season are played this weekend.

The (New York) Jets will make the playoffs only if they beat the (Miami) Dolphins and either the (New England) Patriots lose to the (Buffalo) Bills OR the (Baltimore) Ravens lose to the (Jacksonville) Jaguars.

The Patriots will make the playoffs if they beat the Bills AND either the Jets beat the Dolphins, or the Ravens lose to the Jaguars.

So even though the J-E-T-S Jets are the Patriots traditional archrival, Patriot fans (including me) are rooting for them because if the Jets win, it helps the Patriots make the playoffs.

However, Jets fans are rooting against the Patriots, since a Patriots win hurts the chances of the Jets.

As you can see, it's all really quite simple. [8|]
WitP-AE -- US LCU & AI Stuff

Oddball: Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Moriarty: Crap!
castor troy

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: Blackhorse
ORIGINAL: castor troy

It's about which teams make the playoffs (a chance to play for the championship) in American football. The last games of the regular season are played this weekend.

The (New York) Jets will make the playoffs only if they beat the (Miami) Dolphins and either the (New England) Patriots lose to the (Buffalo) Bills OR the (Baltimore) Ravens lose to the (Jacksonville) Jaguars.

The Patriots will make the playoffs if they beat the Bills AND either the Jets beat the Dolphins, or the Ravens lose to the Jaguars.

So even though the J-E-T-S Jets are the Patriots traditional archrival, Patriot fans (including me) are rooting for them because if the Jets win, it helps the Patriots make the playoffs.

However, Jets fans are rooting against the Patriots, since a Patriots win hurts the chances of the Jets.

As you can see, it's all really quite simple. [8|]

I see, thx for the info!
ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

I hope the "tenants" lose!!  [:D]

Sign,
Lifelong die hard NY Giants fan
[center]Image[/center]
Panther Bait

Post by Panther Bait »

As a New Englander, I can say that it has been a very strange year.  Cats and dogs living together.  Mass hysteria!
When you shoot at a destroyer and miss, it's like hit'in a wildcat in the ass with a banjo.

Nathan Dogan, USS Gurnard
Coach Z

Post by Coach Z »

JET Fans in American Football are similar to Cubs fans in baseball...you suffer alot, get teased when it looks like your team is finally going to have a great season and then whammo something strange happens and everything, all your dreams and plans coming rapidly crashing to the earth.

You know its alot like playing WitP!

ZUCK
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

A sure sign the apocalpyse draws nigh:  the Atlanta Falcons are in the playoffs.
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
IndyShark

Post by IndyShark »

I disagree. The Falcons in the playoffs has happened before. Can you imagine the Lions making the playoffs? and winning?

I know, that's just crazy talk.
thegreatwent

Post by thegreatwent »

I am pretty sure my Vikings winning the Superbowl is in the book of Revelations somewhere as a sign of the end times[:D]
wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Sign,

The Jets are going to lose big against the Miami Dolpphins!!!

While I am a Dolphin fan (but of course), I also am a Giant season ticket holder who is losing his seats after next year since I could not afford the 80K PSL fee for my 4 seats. Even if I could pay the PSL fee they are raising the price of each of my seats to $700.00 PER game. No way I am spending $2,800.00 for one 3 hour football game!!! Not to mention the horror of trying to sell a preseason game at $700.00 a ticket for guys who are trying out for the team.

I wish the Giants luck, but the Jets season can END Sunday and I will have no tears for them.
Flipper
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

ORIGINAL: ny59giants

Sign,

The Jets are going to lose big against the Miami Dolpphins!!!

While I am a Dolphin fan (but of course), I also am a Giant season ticket holder who is losing his seats after next year since I could not afford the 80K PSL fee for my 4 seats. Even if I could pay the PSL fee they are raising the price of each of my seats to $700.00 PER game. No way I am spending $2,800.00 for one 3 hour football game!!! Not to mention the horror of trying to sell a preseason game at $700.00 a ticket for guys who are trying out for the team.

I wish the Giants luck, but the Jets season can END Sunday and I will have no tears for them.

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the concept of $80,000 for season tickets. What the heck?
"Rats set fire to Mr. Cooper’s store in Fort Valley. No damage done." Columbus (Ga) Enquirer-Sun, October 2, 1880.
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

P.S.  I was born in Miami in 1960, so I spent my growing-up years as a Dolphins fan in the late '60s and '70s.  What a great time and place to love NFL football.  The last NFL game I attended was Miami vs. Jets in the old Orange Bowl back around 1980 or 1981.  The implementation of free agency plus teams moving to weird places (Indianapolis Colts?  Arizona Cardinals????????????) ruined pro football for me.
thegreatwent

Post by thegreatwent »

I'm trying to wrap my mind around the concept of $80,000 for season tickets. What the heck?

It's the Personal Seat License. The 80k allows you to kinda sorta have a right to buy season tickets to those seats as long as the team honors its commitments. Yet another way the NFL hoses the fan.
Canoerebel

Post by Canoerebel »

Ten things that might get me back to a pro football game after 27 years away from the game:

1. Abolish free agency
2. Restore Monday Night Football
3. Shoot any player that struts, preens, and stomps around pounding his chest after scoring a touchdown or making a sack.
4.  Banish Mark Gastineau to Venus as an example.
5.  St. Louis Cardinals
6.  Baltimore Colts
7.  Los Angeles Rams
8.  Restore traditional names to stadiums (getting rid of corporate sponsorships)
9.  Do away with those yellow first-down lines and other computer-generated overlays during TV broadcasts.
10.  Get rid of instant replay.
IndyShark

Post by IndyShark »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

P.S.  I was born in Miami in 1960, so I spent my growing-up years as a Dolphins fan in the late '60s and '70s.  What a great time and place to love NFL football.  The last NFL game I attended was Miami vs. Jets in the old Orange Bowl back around 1980 or 1981.  The implementation of free agency plus teams moving to weird places (Indianapolis Colts?  Arizona Cardinals????????????) ruined pro football for me.

Indianapolis is not weird! I love the Colts! Baltimore has NO reason to complain since they stole the Browns and I live the "Ravens". It's a cool tie in to Poe.
IndyShark

Post by IndyShark »

It's bad when you can't afford tickets for ONE game much less a season ticket. I tried to get tickets for the family when the Colts played the Bengals or Texans (that should not be hard, right?)

They wanted $200 to $300 for decent seats! My wide screen TV seems like a pretty good investment and the beer is cheaper at home......
wworld7

Post by wworld7 »

ORIGINAL: thegreatwent

It's the Personal Seat License. The 80k allows you to kinda sorta have a right to buy season tickets to those seats as long as the team honors its commitments. Yet another way the NFL hoses the fan.
It's not the NFLs fault. It is a choice some teams make when they build new stadiums(actually most now a days). And for 80K I would have gotten the "right" to spend another 28K for tickets. Oh boy that sounds fun...NOT!

And in 20-30 years when they replace the stadium your 80K PSL is worth....Nada, Zippo, ZILCH. What a deal...

I'll sit at home a watch on T.V. and be warm.
Flipper

Return to “General Discussion”