AB Extended Map Error

Post bug reports and ask for tech support here.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Q-Ball

AB Extended Map Error

Post by Q-Ball »

We have encountered a Map error in our 2x2 AAR, and I am the likely source. One of our Allied opponents has a convoy stuck in the Aden Channel Barrier. The Map appears correct on my end, but clearly there is an error. Can anyone enlighten us as to what the error is, and what the fix could be?

Many thanks in advance for your help!
John 3rd

RE: AB Extended Map Error

Post by John 3rd »

We're going to sink those ships anyway so why don't you just scuttle them??!!

Are you sure that the ships are stuck?  Those shipping channels can be a little strange when it comes to movement.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.
Big B

Post by Big B »

I have had this problem in PBEM's once or twice.

It seems to me the solution was to allow the 'trapped' TF to get to a legal hex - and then EVERYONE to download and re-install Andrew Brown's latest PWHex file before sending out another Japanese turn.

It is almost certainly a case of someone not having Andrew's latest PWHex file.

B
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

PLEASE don't say that I have to tamper with my install....  [X(][8|][X(] 

I fear even touching anything that is working on my computer!

Q-Ball

Post by Q-Ball »

It was me. That Pwhex file was not in my art files. I'm sure that's the problem.

Big B, what do you recommend as course of action?
rtrapasso

Post by rtrapasso »

The person who has the ships in a "legal" hex should distribute their PWHEX file to everyone else in the game... they should copy the PWHEX file and overwrite their old PWHEX file. That should (hopefully) fix the problem.

The problem comes if folks load slightly different versions of the PWHEX file... this could happen if (for instance) an error is found in the map and the file is corrected, and so one player has the updated file while another does not.

BTW - for folks playing multiplayer MODS i STRONGLY recommend that you burn off a copy of ALL your files to a CD or DVD... mods are prone to revision, and if something happens to your computer and you need to do a reinstall of WITP, the latest version of the mod that you download might not be the same as the other players in your game... this can lead to serious problems, including constant SYNC errors.

If something goes wrong (or, if you get a new computer), just install a base version of WITP, then copy all your saved files into the installation and overwrite the new install... everything should be the same as before without the hassle of going through the downloads, upgrades, and mod reinstall. The only thing you really need is the correct registry settings to allow WITP to work.
John 3rd

Post by John 3rd »

Good Advise Sir.  It is exactly what I did in installing the Mod on my new laptop.  Each of us also installed Brian's latest 1.5 version.

Return to “Tech Support”