LA GRANDE ARMEE AT AUSTERLITZ

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

XLegion

LA GRANDE ARMEE AT AUSTERLITZ

Post by XLegion »

I saw on e-bay a game called "LA GRANDE ARMEE AT AUSTERLITZ". The box cover art and back cover clearly show it is a MATRIX games. Yet, it is nowhere to be seen on this forum. How old is this game and is it any good?

wworld7

RE: LA GRANDE ARMEE AT AUSTERLITZ

Post by wworld7 »

To Google something is easy.

It came out in 2001, and has not been sold in many years.

I have no idea if it was any good.

Flipper
Adam Parker

Post by Adam Parker »

The game was released at a time when Matrix was just establishing itself as a developer and at the same time as another Matrix title called "Fortress Europe", which in the minds of many, nearly killed Matrix off, it was such an embarassment.

Both games imo were abject failures, the later severely criticized. To quote Gamespot:
Fortress Europe is a wretched underdone mess that has no business being sold in its current state

"LGA Austerlitz" was the first ever PC game (wargame or otherwise) that I threw back at the retail store I bought it from as unplayable and demanded my money back. I got it. I could just never get it to run.
mllange

Post by mllange »

So I don't get it - why doesn't Matrix carry these on the website? [:'(]
There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco
Prince of Eckmühl

Post by Prince of Eckmühl »

ORIGINAL: XLegion

I saw on e-bay a game called "LA GRANDE ARMEE AT AUSTERLITZ". The box cover art and back cover clearly show it is a MATRIX games. Yet, it is nowhere to be seen on this forum. How old is this game and is it any good?

I think that was the first game that I bought from Matrix. It didn't work. The developer publicly committed to a patch, LGAA 2.0, that was supposed to fix the game. No such "super-patch" ever appeared. [:(]

Instead, they decided to focus on doing a completely new game, Les Grognards. That newer game is supposed to be published by Battlefront. Anything that I could say beyond that regarding the relationship between developer and publisher(s) would be pure, idle conjecture on my part.

The second game that I bought from Matrix was Uncommon Valor. Obviously, things got better in a hurry. Matrix has published a few turkies since then, but nothing as bad as those first few offerings.

PoE (aka ivanmoe)
Government is the opiate of the masses.
Sarge

Post by Sarge »

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

To Google something is easy.

It came out in 2001, and has not been sold in many years.

I have no idea if it was any good.

But felt compelled to reply anyway ………….. [:D]

sol_invictus

Post by sol_invictus »

Oh, now I remember the Austerlitz game. Yeah, it was a real mess. Hopefully, Les Grognards is much improved.
"The fruit of too much liberty is slavery", Cicero

Return to “General Discussion”