Resource Production and Governor Support

Share advice on strategies and tactics here.

Moderator: Gil R.

Leeds

Resource Production and Governor Support

Post by Leeds »

Is it expedient to maintain the resource being produced the most of or is there another key to ascertaining what the Governors prefer?

Obviously, they start with a certain level regardless, but as I balance resources I lose track of what they support or not................
terje439

RE: Resource Production and Governor Support

Post by terje439 »

Not sure I am quite sure what you are really asking here, but it seems to me you might have misunderstood what the governors +15 labour (as an example) really means.
It is not that they want you to produce 15 labour extra. It means that the specific governor is so happy with your actions that he provides you with an extra 15 labour (following the example) per turn.
So, a governor giving +15 labour simply adds 15 labour to your national production of labour.
A governor that supports something simply gives your nation a bonus, a governor oposing something will give you a penalty.

If I missed your question completely, then I apologise.
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
Leeds

Post by Leeds »

Let me reword it......I understand that Governors attitude will go down if you dont produce resources that he likes/wants in a region.........

Obviously if Money symbols outnumber Labor, money is his preference; How do I know what his preference (and thus avoid penalties) if money and labor are equal?

Thanks
terje439

Post by terje439 »

I still do not understand what point of the game you are talking about, could you post a screenshot?

The only thing I know about governors and resources that might affect them is that you might take a hit from changing from one kind of resource production to another, but unware of any levels of production each governor demands.
"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")
Ironclad

Post by Ironclad »

Leeds: Its as Terje describes. A Governor's attitude suffers a -3 attitude hit each time you change an existing income preference whether money to labour or iron to horses or vice versa. This penalty will apply again if you reverse it on a later turn. So there is no fixed preference per province only the cost in Governor attitude of selecting an alternative.

Return to “The War Room”