Achtung! Looking for a Soviet or WA Opponent

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: MOD_GGWaW_2

Tarleton

Achtung! Looking for a Soviet or WA Opponent

Post by Tarleton »

Achtung! Y'all,

I am an experienced PBEM Wargamer and just picked up AWD. I am absolutely impressed with the ease of play, yet level of detail of the game. I am eager to test drive a PBEM 1939 Total War campaign game as the Germans. Anyone is welcome, but an experienced AWD player who can help me avoid technical pitfalls playing AWD PBEM is preferred.
Tarleton
Unofficial and Unlicensed Matrix EiA Forum Consulting Psychotherapist

Haya Safari!

Marching song of the Schutztruppe Ost-Afrika
Lucky1

RE: Achtung! Looking for a Soviet or WA Opponent

Post by Lucky1 »

Welcome to the game/forum! At present time, I actually have 7-8 games on the go (a month ago, I was worried that I could find not opponents - go figure), so I can't commit to another round. That said, in the future (even if only a week or so) give me a shout if you have not found an adversary.

As for this message, I would start with the obvious by recommending that you get comfortable playing against the computer (both sides, fog of war, advanced supply and perhaps the weighted scenarios) before diving into PBEM right away. I would also recommend that you go through some of the AARs. Although some are dated (strats might be affected by patches), they provide some insight as to some of the surprising tactics employed. Too, you will be able to learn about some of the gaffes (my own included) that lead to an early demise.

I look forward to playing.

Cheers,

Sean_mcluckie@yahoo.ca

Tarleton

RE: Achtung! Looking for a Soviet or WA Opponent

Post by Tarleton »

Sean,

Thanks for the advice. One early question, any overall advice on supply in the game?

Pat
Tarleton

Haya Safari!

Tarleton

Achtung! Still Looking for a Soviet or WA Opponent

Post by Tarleton »

Achtung! Y'all,

I am an experienced PBEM Wargamer and just picked up AWD. I am absolutely impressed with the ease of play, yet level of detail of the game. I am still eager to test drive a PBEM 1939 Total War campaign game as the Germans. Anyone is welcome, but an experienced AWD player who can help me avoid technical pitfalls playing AWD PBEM is preferred.
Tarleton

Haya Safari!

Lucky1

RE: Achtung! Still Looking for a Soviet or WA Opponent

Post by Lucky1 »

What makes this game interesting (for me) is the tradeoff between supply / production / tech. For each country, there is a sweet spot that balances the three according to your chosen strategy (what that is, is up to you). That said, there are dangers of 'too little.' If you produce too few units, you will get overrun; if you under-invest in tech, you opponent will exploit your relative weakness; and if you have insufficient supply, you cannot repair damaged resources/industry/rail and you can't sustain a credible attack. As such, I always recommend that you look that the unit screens where the number of units/supply and tech level are displayed. These can give you an idea of your adversary's strategy and whether (for example) to expect a major offensive. Too, given population constraints, I would recommend that you do not allow your population pool to plateau. Try to keep a good flow of units as well as you are able. There will come a time (especially for the WA) where you might have a lot of industry, but not a lot of units....
Tarleton

Post by Tarleton »

Sean,

Thanks. I've pushed on in another AI game and noticed just that. Very elegant, but simple.

Are you free yet? No one seems to be taking me up on my offer as of yet.

Thanks,

Pat
Tarleton

Haya Safari!

rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Don't despair Tarleton, as Sean pointed out players might be fully ocupied, I myself wouldn't mind playing if I hadn't other pbem running, or more time to myself.
You can also try posting in wargamer.com I found my first opponent there.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
Tarleton

Post by Tarleton »

Bump! Still looking for an opponent!

Pat
Tarleton

Haya Safari!

rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

If you don't mind not getting daily turns I might give it a try, most days you'll get them but can't guarantee .

Advance supply, no autosuply, fow on.

Mail me your opening to rjh1971@gamil.com

Bty what version are you using?

Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

Sorry it's rjh1971@gmail.com just send you a pm as well, so please resend your mail.

Return to “Opponents Wanted”