Request for fast start Random Nations

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

miral

Request for fast start Random Nations

Post by miral »

Great Game! And one of the best things about it is it has a unique (as far as I am aware) feature among WWII games; the random map/nation. Much as I love to study WWII and play historically based WWII games I sometimes really get tired of that map of Europe.

If it is possible techinically I would like to suggest an enhancement to the Random Game. I'm thinking of something along the lines of Civ IV advanced start, where you are given so many points and you can buy cities and/or units, technology ect. Much as I like the random game I get a bit tired of all sides starting with one city and having to spend a lot of initial time setting up a nation. It would be nice if we could custom build the nations to start with. This would also allow a better asymetricality of nations. You get this somewhat now just because some starting positions are closer to a lot of cities than others. But a planned system like that suggested above would allow a lot of the luck to be taken out and a faster start to the fighting.

But, regardless, thanks to the designer for the one WWII game with random maps. I would like it if EVERY game based on WWII had both the historical map and the ability to randomly generate maps. And I mean easily, not as created scenarios. I, like a lot of players, have neither the time nor the expertise to create scenarios.

Thanks
Jeffrey H.

RE: Request for fast start Random Nations

Post by Jeffrey H. »

ORIGINAL: miral

If it is possible techinically I would like to suggest an enhancement to the Random Game. I'm thinking of something along the lines of Civ IV advanced start, where you are given so many points and you can buy cities and/or units, technology ect. Much as I like the random game I get a bit tired of all sides starting with one city and having to spend a lot of initial time setting up a nation.

I like this idea, you should post it in the random game ideas thread that's somewhere else around here.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”