Squad Vanished bug

Post bug reports and ask for help here.
Mahrdol

Squad Vanished bug

Post by Mahrdol »

My squad is stuck in limbo. The icon for Hyena is gone.I can't move Hyena on the map or enter into a tactical situation. The mercs will train, repair, and be dismissed. If I dismiss the whole squad and then rehire a new merc then the hynea squad appears at the north road but at that point I have lost everything I have built in the game. I tried moving the mercs to new squads but their icons don't show up either.

Please help

Erik Rutins

RE: Squad Vanished bug

Post by Erik Rutins »

Do you have a save that duplicates this? If so, please zip up your /profiles folder and your /log folder and e-mail both to erikr@matrixgames.com. I'd like to take a look at this, but we haven't seen this bug since the original v1.05 so something you're doing (which we're not) must be triggering it in v1.07 as well.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Koalab

Post by Koalab »

I have a variation of the same bug. I bought two new mercs and they arrived at the north road. From there i moved them to the roadblock. Then the squad vanished. I am unable to move it the squad and i am unable to move the soldiers to my number one squad. I can move the mercs to a new squad, but that doesnt make the problem go away.

A rather game breaking bug i must say.... Makes me not want to play

The bug persists even if i load a previous game and try again.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thanks, the more saves we get on this the better. There was a bug like this in v1.05 that was supposed to be fixed in v1.07 and in our v1.07 testing we were not able to duplicate it, so we thought it was fixed. Our top priority for the developer is fixing this ASAP with a hot fix.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
ShadoWarrior

Post by ShadoWarrior »

I have the same problem as Koalab. Reloading from earlier saves and running time forward repeats the problem.I don't know if this affects every save I have, or only the most recent ones. I've emailed you my last 3 saves.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Good grief - thanks, this is terrible to hear that this bug is alive and kicking. We'll work to get this squashed ASAP. We saw this in v1.05 but it was on the fixed list for v1.07 and did not show up again in our v1.07 testing. Not sure what triggers it, but obviously there's something different you're doing that we're not that seems to be setting it off.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
ShadoWarrior

Post by ShadoWarrior »

I sure hope you get it squashed ASAP, because as of right now I cannot play the game ... and that's very irritating to me. I was looking forward to spending many, many hours playing this weekend and now I cannot.

PS - it's great to see that you're working on the weekend. That's great support. Thanks. And if you need me to send you saves from further back in my game than the three I already sent you (have you gotten my email?), just let me know.
Koalab

Post by Koalab »

I Think i have found a reason for the bug. I tried to move the squad after i set it up for training. The squad vanished when it arrived at its destination. Then i reloadet the game and moved the squad after i removed the training. The squad did not vanish after that. 
danielhed

Post by danielhed »

Yes its def. related to moving a squad member ( actually just selecting it ) in the squad control window. Do it while the squad is on its way to a mission area and this bug will appear.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Thanks, that's very good to know as far as both trying to duplicate this and working around it in the meantime.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
dodger bullet

Post by dodger bullet »

yeah, fix the bugs so Shadowwarrior can make mods for it!
ShadoWarrior

Post by ShadoWarrior »

ORIGINAL: dodger bullet

yeah, fix the bugs so ShadoWarrior can make mods for it!
Hmmm, it seems my reputation as a game modder is getting around ... [:D]
Koalab

Post by Koalab »

Hell yeah.

The mods you made for the UFO series made the games twice as good.
Hard Sarge

Post by Hard Sarge »

Erik
I got this also, but it was in part of trying to learn the game, when I restarted the game and started over, it wasn't there and worked correctly for me

so as they are saying, I think there is a trigger for it

(wondering, if stopping the clock while in movement may have something to do with it, the first time, I was on the move and kept stopping to read the emails I was getting, the next time, I knew what the emails were going to be, so didn't stop to read them ????)

Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Ok, thanks to your saves, our testing has managed to narrow this down as follows.

If you make any changes to a squad (i.e. changing medics, equipment, trainers, etc.) while that squad is moving on the strategic map, it can cause the squad's icon to disappear. If you only make changes when a squad is stationary, it should not happen. We're forwarding this info to the developer.

Anyone experiencing this, please let us know if avoiding that resolves the problem for you. If you get a vanishing squad icon even with avoiding making any changes while a squad is moving, let us know.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
milkweg

Post by milkweg »

ORIGINAL: Koalab

Hell yeah.

The mods you made for the UFO series made the games twice as good.

Shadow Warrior is Bman? The only mods I have seen and used for UFO are made by a person called Bman.
ShadoWarrior

Post by ShadoWarrior »

No, I am not "Bman". I am using the same nickname here as I do on most other forums. I am the author of the Aftershock Weapon Rebalance mod, and the Afterlight Total Rebalance mods (plus others). And I'm the author of the tactical (aka soldier) tooltips feature in JA2 v1.13, and a member of the JA2 Mod Team, though with JA2 I mostly just do alpha-testing (yes, we do alpha testing in JA2, so that by the time it goes to open beta there are virtually no bugs left).
ceyaprair

Post by ceyaprair »

Glad to have discovered this forum and learn that I wasn't the only one with this issue... equally reassuring to know that the developers are actively looking to resolve this....
milkweg

Post by milkweg »

ORIGINAL: ShadoWarrior

No, I am not "Bman". I am using the same nickname here as I do on most other forums. I am the author of the Aftershock Weapon Rebalance mod, and the Afterlight Total Rebalance mods (plus others). And I'm the author of the tactical (aka soldier) tooltips feature in JA2 v1.13, and a member of the JA2 Mod Team, though with JA2 I mostly just do alpha-testing (yes, we do alpha testing in JA2, so that by the time it goes to open beta there are virtually no bugs left).

Ah, I looked up your mods and see we are talking about a different UFO series. I thought he meant you are a modder of the UFO:Extraterrestrials game that Matrixgames sells. Never tried Afterlight but will check it out. I just discovered that JA2 1.13 mod but haven't got around to installing it yet. Will do so soon. Good to see you on board for HG.
gunny

Post by gunny »

Happened to me and I can't get the squad unstuck.

I just took the dam and broke off 1 guy into his own squad to send him back to the north road to collect some ammo. On the trip back to the dam the zebra head disappeared from the campaign map. The guy is visible in the squad management screen but i can't do anything with him. Tried restarting but no change.

I'll email the save game to the address above if you want it. I'm using the new beta patch.

Return to “Tech Support”