Decent medieval games?

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Ramcat

Decent medieval games?

Post by Ramcat »

I'm currently burnt out on the Tin Soldier games and Medieval II: Total War has left me a bit dry so here I am on the prowl for a new game set in that era. More specifically, I'm looking for games that focus more on tactical combat then strategy.
mllange

RE: Decent medieval games?

Post by mllange »

If you enjoyed the Tin Soldier's series you should also peruse the discussion here
There's a simple answer to every complex question - and it's wrong.
-Umberto Eco
killroyishere

Post by killroyishere »

Lords of the Realms II and the Siege Battlepack would be my suggestion. A bit like Total War series, but, with a better ai and more streamlined structure of play.
Grell

Post by Grell »

Try Knights of Honor, it may be simple but it is a decent game. It's like Medieval Total War.

Regards,

Grell
Joram

Post by Joram »

I enjoyed KoH as well.   A different take than Medieval TW2 but similar as well.  Fun game when it comes down to it.  What I didn't like was the copy protection.  I couldn't run it when I had a legitimate CD-burn software on my comp.  Had to uninstall that before it would play.  I don't remember if it had starforce or securom.
elcidce

Post by elcidce »

Crusader Kings has a large following.
The Citadel
G Company
Class of 1991
LitFuel

Post by LitFuel »

ORIGINAL: Joram

I enjoyed KoH as well.   A different take than Medieval TW2 but similar as well.  Fun game when it comes down to it.  What I didn't like was the copy protection.  I couldn't run it when I had a legitimate CD-burn software on my comp.  Had to uninstall that before it would play.  I don't remember if it had starforce or securom.

I love Knights of Honor, still play it often. I know it wasn't starforce on it; it was one of the others. Anyway with the last patch they released you can run it without the CD so doesn't matter. There are a few mods for it too that make the AI harder.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

Maybe not so medieval but released for free:
Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War
http://www.gamershell.com/news_61804.html
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Maybe not so medieval but released for free:
Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War
http://www.gamershell.com/news_61804.html

I don't know about the version of Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War available from Gamershell, but the retail version has StarForce. The price is definitely right though.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
milkweg

Post by milkweg »

ORIGINAL: LitFuel

I love Knights of Honor, still play it often. I know it wasn't starforce on it; it was one of the others. Anyway with the last patch they released you can run it without the CD so doesn't matter. There are a few mods for it too that make the AI harder.

I have that game but didn't know there was a newer patch out for it with no cd check. Off to score my copy now, thanks.

Return to “General Discussion”