Free games--but probably not for you, sorry

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

pzpat

Free games--but probably not for you, sorry

Post by pzpat »

I'm moving in with my girlfriend and have to part with lots of my stuff for lack of space. I have decided to let go of my Apple II games. Here's the list:

Avalon Hill: Dnieper River Line, Close Assault, Tanktics, Empire of the Overmind, Tactical Armor Command, Telengard, VC, Kampfgruppe.
SSI: War in Russia, The Road to Gettysburg.
Lord British: Ultima 4 and 5.
Infocom: Enchanter, Sorcerer, Zork II, Leather Goddesses of Phobos, Stationfall, Suspect, Ballyhoo, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Broderbund: Wings of Fury.
Hayden Software: Go.
EA: The Bard's Tale I and II, The Seven Cities of Gold, Archon.
Mindscape: Bop 'n' Wrestle.
Sirtech: Wizardry 1, 3, 4, 5. I may have scenario 2, but not sure.
Spy vs. Spy (box and disks only).
Wasteland (2 disks only).

All games complete unless noted. Close Assault and Tanktics have boards and counters.
I don't know the market value of old games. I don't even know if they have a market value. I'm not in the mood to quibble about price, which means that I'm just giving them away for free to the first person who will pick them up. That's the rub--I'm too lazy--er I mean busy--yeah, that's it. I'm too busy to take them to the post office and mail them. If you live in or around Los Angeles and are willing to drive to the west side please send me a PM with your phone number and real name and I will call you.
I'm pretty sure I'm not violating any of the rules of the forum because I'm not trying to make any money off anyone, and Matrix doesn't, as far as I know, make games for the Apple II. [:)]
mikul82

RE: Free games--but probably not for you, sorry

Post by mikul82 »

If I were close to you I'd take them, I love to collect old games!  Unfortunately I'm in Tx, and can't imagine you'd enjoy packing all of those any more than I ever did back in my ebay days.  If you don't have any luck giving them away, you might want to check into selling them to one of the rare game sellers on ebay, that's what I used to do a lot of.
Greybriar

Post by Greybriar »

I've never used it myself, but I was told CraigsList is used by many people instead of eBay.
This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee
junk2drive

Post by junk2drive »

I still have my IIe with two floppy drives. Haven't plugged it in for years. My nephew and I got an RF modulator and hooked up a 9" colour TV. Holy cow the first time we saw Ultima in colour we were in shock.

Wings of Fury: we played that one from sundown to sunrise. Even the wife played that one while we were at work and school. We would marathon all weekend trying to reach the final level. IIRC you had to run out of fuel as you approached the final landing and hope that you made it.

I also have a huge box full of boxes of games.

Good luck with the girlfriend.
Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."
E

Post by E »

I've been looking for great deals on several of those Avalon Hill titles... for decades! (I still play my Apple ][ wargames from time to time! ...what they accomplished in 48k is still amazing to this day!)
"Lose" is the opposite of "win." "Loose" is the opposite of "tight."

Friends Don't Let Friends Facebook.

Twitter is for... (wait for it!) ...Twits!
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

OK, I've got a friend in Ventura who still has his Apple, I'm gonna send this link to him and see if he's interested.
History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
undercovergeek

Post by undercovergeek »

if you werent 'too busy' to go to the post office - id send some dollars your way for sending them to the uk!!
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

Great to see these listed, good to know I'm not the only one who's been saving them. I still have quite a collection, including my old Apple II+.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
pzpat

Post by pzpat »

If I had the space, I think the solution would have been to find an old Apple II, but there's nowhere to put it.  I offered the games here first because I wanted to offer them to dedicated wargamers, and I have spent much, much more time on the Matrix forums than on Craigslist and feel some small affinity for my fellow Matrix gamers.  No tears, please.
I hope I can find a good home for them.

Pat
killroyishere

Post by killroyishere »

I have all my old commodore 64 games of those types and four commodore 64 keyboard/computers and two working 5-1/2 floppy drives, and two Amiga keyboard/computers why sell them or give them away? It's part of your history, your life I wouldn't get rid of them if I were you. In fact my list of 64 games is much larger than that. I have well over 150 titles in an oak storage box I have. Two trays suppose to hold only 50 games, but, I stretched each one a little. I'm probably the only person with a commodore 64 setup, an Amiga 500 setup and a PC setup all on one long set of desks from one wall to another. I still like to play Wings on my Amiga and War of the Lance where I can actually see the computer movements (they are jetliner fast on a pc and I can't see them) on the commodore 64. Keep them later on you'll be glad you did. See I lost all my board wargames from a simular situation like yours. Later on the gf left and I didn't have any board wargames, but, have gotten a lot of them back over the years from ebay.
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]

Return to “General Discussion”