Jap Player wanted(closed)

Post here to meet players for PBM games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

Major Ball

Jap Player wanted(closed)

Post by Major Ball »

Jap player wanted for PBEM game, latest standard version.

Prefer historical first turn as I am not that experienced.

Please PM with options and any house rules you prefer(dont know many of the exploits).
scott64

RE: Jap Player wanted

Post by scott64 »

Which mod and scenario?
Lucky for you, tonight it's just me

Any ship can be a minesweeper..once !! :)

http://suspenseandmystery.blogspot.com/
Major Ball

Post by Major Ball »

ORIGINAL: scott1964

Which mod and scenario?

Campaign game basic version 1.8.0.6

Havnt played enough to be playing mods yet

bigbaba

Post by bigbaba »

hi major,

i would play the japanese part (no MODS, just the latest official version).

send me a PN with your email adress when you agree at the following HRS (and feel free to write if you like additional HRs):

Game settings:

1 day turns
historical first turn off
allied damage control on
advanced weather effects on
reinforcements variable +-15days
PDU on
sub doctrine off for both sides
sub auto ops off

-only one japanese port attack on turn one,
no overabuse of the turn one movement bonus (means no landings on turn 7 in Australia or India or alaska...). Landings in PH and DEI are allowed.

-max. aircraft on airfield max. 50*airfield size (+about 10%) eg size 4 = max around 220 planes (around means perhaps 223 but not 238!! )

-max. aircraft in sea hex = 550 for the IJN and 750 for the USN.

-Japanese are not allowed to do strategic bombing in China! Far too easy to destroy all the ressources, HI and OIL. Japanese may bomb everything else of Allied territory.

-Allied are not allowed to do strategic bombing of JAPANESE OCCUPIED ALLIED territory. This should prevent the Allied player to do suicide attacks e.g. with carriers to destroy some oil facilities (which I´ve seen enough) and for the reasons mentioned under above point. Allied may bomb everything in Japan, Korea, eastern China, Thailand = everything Japan held at 1941/12/7. If you want to starve Japan, take the bases or sink the ships!

-B29 aren´t allowed on naval attack

-B29 only on level 6 or 7+ airfields, this should limit them to places that were big enough in real life.

-4Es on nav attack min alt 15.000 ft

-ASW TF max 6 ships

-PT boats max 6 at a base (1x6 PT TF or 2x3 PT TF. Not 6 TFs with single PTs!)

-no sub invasions

-no mini para drops. As many para drops allowed as wished but they should involve at least 500-1000 men at min.

-cutting off units only with "real" combat units, not some 10 assault point base forces

-no use of dozens of small barge, MSW, ... TFs to guard ports (engine can´t handle dozens of small TFs in one hex)

-no Allied ship movement at turn 1 except for ships which are at sea. It means no evacuateing pearl, manila or singapore BEFORE the japanese attack.

-no exploit of dozens invasion TFs going at one base, means: if you need 300 ships for an invasion, put them into 5, 6 or 7 TFs but not in 60 TFs with 5 ships each.
Major Ball

Post by Major Ball »

Ok PM sent.

Return to “Opponents wanted”