I think I found a campaign error/bug

Based on Atomic Games’ award-winning Close Combat series, Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein brings together the classic top-down tactical gameplay from the original series and plenty of new features, expansions, and improvements! The Wacht am Rhein remake comes with a brand new Grand Campaign including a new strategic map with 64 gorgeous hand-drawn tactical maps, over 70 scenarios, tons of new interface and unit graphics, countless engine improvements, and much more!
sargexmy

I think I found a campaign error/bug

Post by sargexmy »

Hi guys,

so I think I found another bug. Actually I believe this has been brought up before where someone on this forum or at closecombatseries.net was playing a campaign and they cannot continue because their current battle is fighting of a battle group against an EMPTY American battlegroup.

So I am in my campaign and have routed a cut-off American Inf. BG. However, the loosing BG cannot retreat to any territory so and did NOT disband! Instead it stayed at the same position and have an completely empty roster.
I move my winning BG out of there to steer away from this error so I can continue my hard-fought campaign.

In the next turn, that American BG is still there and the map has turned Green (American). Clicking on that map shows the BG is still EMPTY. Picture attached as proof.

Thanks

Attachments
campaignerror.jpg
campaignerror.jpg (128.73 KiB) Viewed 292 times
sargexmy

RE: I think I found a campaign error/bug

Post by sargexmy »

no one knows about this? or has experienced it??
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Haven't experienced it....

Can you zip up your saved campaign and attach it to post for the developer to look/test with?
sargexmy

Post by sargexmy »

okay oops here is the problem.

i already went past that point in my campaign. couldn't stop playing and forgot to make a backup ... [:(]
Platoon_Michael

Post by Platoon_Michael »

Not quite on the same lines but I couldnt help but wonder why this BG is almost out of fuel and ammo.
Im using the Locked BG GC.

Edit:
Actually alot of the Americans are now looking really bad and havent even fought yet

Attachments
UO0002.jpg
UO0002.jpg (152.29 KiB) Viewed 290 times
Platoon_Michael

Heres another pic.
Both those American BG's look the same.

Attachments
UO0003.jpg
UO0003.jpg (142.08 KiB) Viewed 291 times
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Platoon_Michael,

No need to worry about the US ammo/fuel level. There are only 4 levels; full/green, 2/3 orange/yellow, 1/3 red and none which is all black.
Pzt_Serk

Post by Pzt_Serk »

The last pic looks like the US BG retreated after a moral failure, hence the used supply lvl and the depleted forcepool. It should be back at full supply to fight for the next turn.
sargexmy

Post by sargexmy »

Hey, so I have found that EMPTY BG and attached the campaign file here.

Take a look at the map of Houffalize: the map is occupied by KG Knittel and the EMPTY BG of 424/106ID.

Hopefully you guys can fix this problem. I am avoiding all contact with this american BG to ensure that I can continue my campaign.

NOTE: attached file is "sargexmy campaign error.txt"; the forum only supports txt/jpg such files. you have to rename the file to "filename.zip" to be able to unzipped it.

Thanks
Attachments
sargexmyc..gnerror.txt
(145.14 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
sargexmy

Post by sargexmy »

BUMP,

Has no one experienced this?
I do not know how to avoid this EMPTY BG anymore, I keep running into it and cannot continue my compaign. The damn BG keeps moving around Noville.
Has any body found a fix yet? or is there some sort of campaign save game editor or "cheat" so I can manually disband this empty BG??

thanks, as of right now, my game is stuck on day 8... I do not want to have to start over again
Platoon_Michael

I don't know if this is a bug or my lack of understanding the game,but how are these 2 American BG's able to refit ?
At the end of the last turn these two BG's were down to 10 teams.
Now they are full strength again despite being surrounded for the better part of two complete days.

Attachments
UO0006.jpg
UO0006.jpg (154.89 KiB) Viewed 290 times
Platoon_Michael

Hey sargexmy just out of curiousity whats the name of that BG you are having problems with?

I just came accross an American BG at Noville with what appears to have no troops in it.

Attachments
UO0010.jpg
UO0010.jpg (140.91 KiB) Viewed 290 times
Andrew Williams

Post by Andrew Williams »

Plt_michael

From 17.5 Repair and replacement in the manual

Replacements do not strictly come forward from “rear” areas. They are also supplied from the larger organization which your Battle Group belongs to. Even when surrounded, your Battle Group can receive replacements because it is assumed they are being sent over from company or division HQ, which has been surrounded along with your Battle Group. Battle Groups out of supply have reduced chance of repairing damaged vehicles or replacing infantry losses.

sargexmy

We have your saved game and are pulling it apart.
It can be played H2H but not single player.
Can you give more details about the BG
It lost and disbanded while surrounded.
Had it taken many losses or did you take all VL's?

ImageImage
sargexmy

Post by sargexmy »

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

Plt_michael

From 17.5 Repair and replacement in the manual

Replacements do not strictly come forward from “rear” areas. They are also supplied from the larger organization which your Battle Group belongs to. Even when surrounded, your Battle Group can receive replacements because it is assumed they are being sent over from company or division HQ, which has been surrounded along with your Battle Group. Battle Groups out of supply have reduced chance of repairing damaged vehicles or replacing infantry losses.

sargexmy

We have your saved game and are pulling it apart.
It can be played H2H but not single player.
Can you give more details about the BG
It lost and disbanded while surrounded.
Had it taken many losses or did you take all VL's?

Hi,

I just PMed Steve since he asked me similar questions.

So basically the american bg was surrounded and I beat them by killing enough of their active troops. I took all but two VLs. I guess b/c the battle ended b/c of american morale failure, and this caused them to loose their last two VLs, I have gained control of the map and they should be disbanded out of supply.

However, when I was ready to begin my next battle, I noticed that the american bg, which was just beaten, was still on the same map as my german bg. The map was contested. I didn't give much thought and continued fighting other battles and finished the turn.

At the beginning of next turn, I clicked on the map and realized how the American BG has an empty roster and there was no fuel or ammo. But it the BG moved back! and now occupies another map, which made it in American control and cut off my supply route!
Andrew Williams

sargexmy

Are you using anu sort of mod or locked battlegrpoup... anything like that?
ImageImage
sargexmy

Post by sargexmy »

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams

sargexmy

Are you using anu sort of mod or locked battlegrpoup... anything like that?

I am using stock CC WaR. no mods, no locked BGs.
and I have the release patch applied.
Andrew Williams

thanks
ImageImage
kibble

Post by kibble »

Here is my screen shot - according to Andrew, it will be fixed in the next patch - great news!

Attachments
MissingGermans.jpg
MissingGermans.jpg (144.93 KiB) Viewed 290 times
Platoon_Michael

What was it that had to be done in order to fix this error?
SteveMcClaire

Post by SteveMcClaire »

I replied in yor mod thread, Michael.

Return to “Close Combat: Wacht am Rhein”