Feedback solicitation: Starvation PP

Empires in Arms is the computer version of Australian Design Group classic board game. Empires in Arms is a seven player game of grand strategy set during the Napoleonic period of 1805-1815. The unit scale is corps level with full diplomatic options

Moderator: MOD_EIA

Mardonius

Feedback solicitation: Starvation PP

Post by Mardonius »

Description:
It would seem prudent to add a PP when all of the defenders in a fortress/corps garrisoned city die of starvation. Morever, such a starvation is a victory and gives the city to the
attacker, so it would be in line with the PP for a successful storming of a fortress/corps garrisoned city.

Please let me know your thoughts on this one.

best
Mardnonius
"Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant" -- James Madison
"Yes, you will win most battles, but if you loose to me you will loose oh so badly that it causes me pain (chortle) just to think of it" - P. Khan
NeverMan

RE: Feedback solicitation: Starvation PP

Post by NeverMan »

Doesn't bother me as long as it's an OPTION.
Murat

Post by Murat »

PP represents some degree of prestige or honor - there was no honor in starving your opponents to death in Napoleonics.
Mardonius

Post by Mardonius »

But there was honor, perhaps, in taking the fortress through military action. They did have this PP in Empires in Harm so it has been playtested.
ORIGINAL: Murat

PP represents some degree of prestige or honor - there was no honor in starving your opponents to death in Napoleonics.
"Yes, you will win most battles, but if you loose to me you will loose oh so badly that it causes me pain (chortle) just to think of it" - P. Khan
Murat

Post by Murat »

Yes, an assault on a fortress is honorable, honors of war (no pp) was also honorable (and not in EIANW) but starvation does not strike me as honorable.
Mardonius

Post by Mardonius »

Hmmm... I guess this is just a matter of perception. I always viewed the honor in getting the mission done. But I may be more pedestrian than most. You'd never catch me in a Hussar outfit, that is for sure... [:D]

Yes, an assault on a fortress is honorable, honors of war (no pp) was also honorable (and not in EIANW) but starvation does not strike me as honorable.
bresh

Post by bresh »

ORIGINAL: Mardonius

Hmmm... I guess this is just a matter of perception. I always viewed the honor in getting the mission done. But I may be more pedestrian than most. You'd never catch me in a Hussar outfit, that is for sure... [:D]

I dont like the Idea, if so you also want PP for garrisons who surrender on breach.

Regards
Bresh
obsidiandrag

Post by obsidiandrag »

I have to agree with Bresh, this will give too many oportunities (along with the other options) to gain and lose points causing the PP charts to go up and down too freely, you may be in dominant this month and fiasco the next if France invaded all your minors (before he even took control of them), just because you had garrisons in the capitols...  Then lose them automatically to the chart and France perform a blitzkrieg way before its time and capture all of the minors at once due to your political status..
delatbabel

Post by delatbabel »

Don't like this, so -1 from me.  Yes +1 to breach a fort and fight a successful battle, or a battle against a corps, but not +1 PP just to starve a lone turkish factor out of Athens, for example.
--
Del
Mardonius

Post by Mardonius »

Harry Rowland of ADG did not like this one...
eske

Post by eske »

PP is measuring military glory or political glory - none of either in making enemies starve right in front of you.

Even Nappys humiliating retreat from Moscow was regarded more as a french defeat than a russian victory...

/eske
Alea iacta est
fvianello

Post by fvianello »

I agree, no PP gains for fort siege ending up with a starved garrison
H. Barca,
Surplus Consuls Dispatcher
iamspamus

Post by iamspamus »

Sorry, need to disagree with gaining PPs for starvation. You shouldn't get it for Honors of war either...
ORIGINAL: HanBarca

I agree, no PP gains for fort siege ending up with a starved garrison

Return to “Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815”