Does anyone know how long it takes customer support to respond?

Here is the place to get and give support to your fellow gamers. This is NOT an official game support conference but a place for general tech support. All questions are welcomed, basic, advanced, software or hardware.
jtraynor02

Does anyone know how long it takes customer support to respond?

Post by jtraynor02 »

I ordered a Commander: Europe at War on the weekend and opted for the digitial download and physical shipment option. I wanted the digital download so I could start playing the game on the weekend. When I tried to open the download on Sunday, it asked for a serial number. I looked at my order confirmation but it said the serial number was "Not available". I then followed Matrix's instructions to retrieve a serial number and was told that my serial number was either "Not serialized" (if that's a word) or "Not available". I sent a request to Matrix through their help desk yesterday around 1.00, asking for a serial number and haven't received a reply. I sent an update today asking for an reply today but haven't received anything.

I mean, why would I spend the extra money on the digital download if I can't use it immediately. Very frustrating, especially when I go through that process to retrieve my serial number only to be told it's "Not serialized".
Marc von Martial

RE: Does anyone know how long it takes customer support to respond?

Post by Marc von Martial »

Usually support answers within 24hours. But I guess yesterday everybody was standing in line and voted ;).

I will bump this matter up in the Helpddesk.

Erik Rutins

RE: Does anyone know how long it takes customer support to respond?

Post by Erik Rutins »

This is not typical on either side. First, the store gives out serial numbers right when you purchase, but there was a glitch over the weekend with Digital River and some orders went out without serial numbers. You should have received a serial number from them by yesterday if you were affected by this though. I'm assuming you didn't, so on the other side we should have responded within 24 hours of your Help Desk request.

You can e-mail me your order info at erikr@matrixgames.com if you're not getting a reply from the Help Desk.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

Return to “Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers”