Price Aggravation

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Yogi the Great

Price Aggravation

Post by Yogi the Great »

Just a little computer game price aggravation gripe [:-]

I go to several game company web sites and forums looking in part for new game releases that would interest me, probably like many of you. I still find it a bit aggravating that the companies tout their new releases, buy now etc. but almost always I can go to another site and find the same game for $10 or $15 dollars less.

I have been told, that game companies want to make sure that they don'y under sell the vendor sites as they are the big buyers of the games compared to those of us who buy direct from the game company. Still, the amount of difference seems too high.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could do business directly with the game company, without feeling like you are spending too much? [:-]

Oh well, I guess I will continue get my information at the game company such as Matrix and then go to the trusted low price vendor to buy the game.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
doomtrader

RE: Price Aggravation

Post by doomtrader »

Buy Polish versions, they are much cheaper (like 35$ for Fallout 3, 8$ for Commander: Europe at War and 20 $ for Sacred 2).
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

there will always be the middle men...fortunately or unfortunately.

And whilst it would be nice to have standard pricing...it kind of takes away the fun of where to buy and searching for that bargain.

OMG...I am starting to sound like my old nemesis...I'll be on about kiddie clickfests soon!

My old m8 ravinhood. How I miss our banter.
Alba gu' brath
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great
I go to several game company web sites and forums looking in part for new game releases that would interest me, probably like many of you. I still find it a bit aggravating that the companies tout their new releases, buy now etc. but almost always I can go to another site and find the same game for $10 or $15 dollars less

We do sell to vendors mainly in order to increase awareness of our games. They do have some leeway on pricing, but we do also put limits on how much they can discount. Note however that games that have gone to retail are in the secondary market and in effect completely out of our control. Also, if you're on a tight gaming budget, keep in mind that we also have sales here every year, where you can often get our games for a significant discount.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: doomtrader
Buy Polish versions, they are much cheaper (like 35$ for Fallout 3, 8$ for Commander: Europe at War and 20 $ for Sacred 2).

Just FYI, we made an agreement in the past to send some of our games to one Polish publisher to make them available at more affordable prices to gamers in Poland and that agreement limited sales to Poland, so if any of our games from Polish publishers are being sold outside Poland, that's a breach of contract.

Regards,

- Erik
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
undercovergeek

Post by undercovergeek »

ORIGINAL: JudgeDredd

And whilst it would be nice to have standard pricing...it kind of takes away the fun of where to buy and searching for that bargain.

OMG...I am starting to sound like my old nemesis...I'll be on about kiddie clickfests soon!

hes not as far away as you think!
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Just FYI, we made an agreement in the past to send some of our games to one Polish publisher to make them available at more affordable prices to gamers in Poland and that agreement limited sales to Poland, so if any of our games from Polish publishers are being sold outside Poland, that's a breach of contract.

Regards,

- Erik

Just as I tought.
Anyway probably you will be able to buy it here: http://sklep.wirtus.com.pl/produkt/114748 or somewhere else. Of course most of the games are in polish language but sometimes they are bilingual.
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

Regards,

- Erik
Any chances for some more games (Something with unit scale lesser than regimental. CC3:CoI or Battlefront for example) being sold by Polish publisher?

Just as I tought.
Anyway probably you will be able to buy it here: http://sklep.wirtus.com.pl/produkt/114748 or somewhere else. Of course most of the games are in polish language but sometimes they are bilingual.
Maybe post links to torrents too[8|]?
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

ORIGINAL: Perturabo

Just as I tought.
Maybe post links to torrents too[8|]?
What do you mean?
JudgeDredd

Post by JudgeDredd »

I think he's suggesting it's inappropriate to provide links on a publishers website to a game which that publisher publishes where it's sold cheaper...I think he's suggesting it's bad form
Alba gu' brath
Phatguy

Post by Phatguy »

Regards,

- Erik

But is it still breach of contract if say, I go to Poland to see my family, and in the process buy some Matrix games(not sure if they are in Polish or English, not that it matters) knowing I will never play them there but here? Or lets say I purchased a few games over the net but had them shipped to my parents in Wroclaw? I know morally it's a bit on the grey side but lets just deal with the breach of contract issue. Also, with shipping from Poland to the USA you are dealing with a very very high amount of cash.I bought some old albums for 5 dollars and paid over 40 for shipping and insurance so i'm guessing having any games shipped over would cost about the same as getting them direct from from a web store here.I remember seeing a sport game I wanted from a site in Poland for 12.00(equivalent) but shipping was 35.00. Was cheaper on GoGamer.
My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

I think he's suggesting it's inappropriate to provide links on a publishers website to a game which that publisher publishes where it's sold cheaper...I think he's suggesting it's bad form

Judge, are you going to buy polish version of the game and pay for delivery?

Pleeeeeease.
Erik Rutins

Post by Erik Rutins »

ORIGINAL: apathetic lurker
But is it still breach of contract if say, I go to Poland to see my family, and in the process buy some Matrix games(not sure if they are in Polish or English, not that it matters) knowing I will never play them there but here? Or lets say I purchased a few games over the net but had them shipped to my parents in Wroclaw? I know morally it's a bit on the grey side but lets just deal with the breach of contract issue.

That would be fine. Seriously, if you want to travel to Poland just to get a few of our games at a discount, I can only take that as a major compliment. As long as the games are sold in Poland, it's within the contract terms.
Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.
Jeffrey H.

Post by Jeffrey H. »

ORIGINAL: undercovergeek

Yes, I have noticed a disturbance in the force lately.......

History began July 4th, 1776. Anything before that was a mistake.

Ron Swanson
Perturabo

Post by Perturabo »

I meant that these editions are meant to be sold only in Poland. Also, since Polish editions are my only source of Matrix games, western gamers taking advantage of them would be against my interests and against interests of Polish strategy gamers.
Phatguy

Post by Phatguy »

ORIGINAL: apathetic lurker
But is it still breach of contract if say, I go to Poland to see my family, and in the process buy some Matrix games(not sure if they are in Polish or English, not that it matters) knowing I will never play them there but here? Or lets say I purchased a few games over the net but had them shipped to my parents in Wroclaw? I know morally it's a bit on the grey side but lets just deal with the breach of contract issue.

That would be fine. Seriously, if you want to travel to Poland just to get a few of our games at a discount, I can only take that as a major compliment. As long as the games are sold in Poland, it's within the contract terms.

Heh heh heh.... I was planning to go in October but obviously some minor little ole' surgery disrupted those plans..So me and the missus will be galivanting over the pond sometimes in the spring..Luckily my travel agent forced the airlines to refund my money on short notice......So any and all Matrix games I dont own but want (not too many) will be purchased..Thats just a bonus to the trip......

Don't worry, I have a short fuse attached too my wallet..I wont be able to wait so I will be utilizing your store for some "surprise" Christmas presents just for me
Zap

Post by Zap »

That's why you go under that username! Your like a detective[:)]

Yogi the Great

Post by Yogi the Great »

Probably no need to go to Poland (or anywhere else) to save.

My experience is a minimum $10 savings per game - sometimes $15 and as much as $20 for the same game from another vendor here in the U.S.

On rare occassion I have seen them start selling a game even before it is being sold by the game company involved.  Pre-orders are also often accepted.  The two latest releases here at $59 and $49 are $49 and $39 on another site.  Many of you are already aware of at least one of these vendors from previous discussions on the this and other forums.  Games I have seen on another game companies site for $49 sell for as little as $29 on the vendors site.
Hooked Since AH Gettysburg
Phatguy

Post by Phatguy »

ORIGINAL: Yogi the Great

Probably no need to go to Poland (or anywhere else) to save.

My experience is a minimum $10 savings per game - sometimes $15 and as much as $20 for the same game from another vendor here in the U.S.

On rare occassion I have seen them start selling a game even before it is being sold by the game company involved.  Pre-orders are also often accepted.  The two latest releases here at $59 and $49 are $49 and $39 on another site.  Many of you are already aware of at least one of these vendors from previous discussions on the this and other forums.  Games I have seen on another game companies site for $49 sell for as little as $29 on the vendors site.

Yeah i've seen that too but Matrix offers DD along with a physical copy. For me at least, it's important to have a physical copy but I also get to get my game on within minutes of purchase. Sometimes I refuse to wait....
06 Maestro

Post by 06 Maestro »

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey H.

Yes, I have noticed a disturbance in the force lately.......

[:D] Ah yes, green button lists and click fests-what great conversations thsy were.
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.

Thomas Jefferson

Return to “General Discussion”