Thinking of "Going German" for a Campaign

SPWaW is a tactical squad-level World War II game on single platoon or up to an entire battalion through Europe and the Pacific (1939 to 1945).

Moderator: MOD_SPWaW

KG Erwin

Thinking of "Going German" for a Campaign

Post by KG Erwin »

I haven't adopted the role of the Germans for several years, so I'm thinking of getting into the proper mindset to do so. In our quest to expand the Reich and acquire Lebensraum, our technology and racial superiority will undoubtedly triumph over the Untermenschen. We may be outnumbered, but we must have faith in the ultimate triumph of our will.

I'm kidding. I long ago decided I'd never play as the right-wing extremist "bad guys" again. My Marines fight for the America of FDR and Truman. [:'(]
forgorin

RE: Thinking of "Going German" for a Campaign

Post by forgorin »

Lame
Stress is the confusion created when ones own mind over rides the bodies desire to choke the living shit out of some asshole who really deserves it!
Five_of_Swords

Post by Five_of_Swords »

I enjoy playing the germans, but oddly enough im not a facist...its just a game and they have neat units. You gotta love awesome tanks named after big cats. Is this wrong of me?
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

Not really, for I feel the same [:D]
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
m10bob

Post by m10bob »

I like to play German units..I have tried several and have had a good time with most.

Of course, my favorite is the American army.

KG Erwin

Post by KG Erwin »

It doesn't take much to get certain peeps riled up about the Germans, but this IS a game we're talking about. Besides, my forum name displays my former favorite side to play as.

When I was 10-11 years old, the first proper military history book I bought with my allowance was Guderian's "Panzer Leader". My first wargame was Avalon Hill's "Stalingrad".

It wasn't until after I started playing SPWaW that I "discovered" the Pacific Theater, and became fascinated with the USMC. Bill Wilder provided the inspiration, and I've never looked back.

That being said, there's nothing intrinsically "wrong" about playing as the Germans or any other Axis nation.
Maciste

Post by Maciste »

Last time I played with the Germans, I found myself suddenly in the middle of my polish neighbour's dinner-room, yelling something about conquering Warsaw. [:D]
Everytime I hear the word "culture" I pull out my gun.

Return to “Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns”