WAW

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

british exil

WAW

Post by british exil »

What do I gain by building factories and military bases? How can I build and where should I build them?

Mat
"It is not enough to expect a man to pay for the best, you must also give him what he pays for." Alfred Dunhill

WitE,UV,AT,ATG,FoF,FPCRS
Mehring

RE: WAW

Post by Mehring »

Factories
Where you should build them? In Poland, Lithuania and Bessarabia, on railway lines.[:D]

Assuming they cost the same for all countries, they are very expensive in PPs and require engineers accumulate 400 EPs. They also cost some SPs to build.
In the short term, then, you'll be spending shedloads for very little return. Each centre produces 2000 production per turn, so they'll be months just paying for themselves. As the production multiple increases, and with time, you should get a large dividend, assuming that you have not so impoverished your standing army to pay for the additional production centres that the West can just walk in to Russia and knock you out of the war.

When operational, they produce manufactured materials like planes and ships (I guess, if built at a port).

As for military bases, I think they give you airfield and port facilities, maybe fortified. If you need them somewhere, build them. One sorry thing is you can't fortify a city hex in WaW. I wanted to fortify Lorient and was sorely disappointed.
“Old age is the most unexpected of all things that can happen to a man.”
-Leon Trotsky

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”