game not loading "not available"

Post bug reports and ask for help with technical issues here.
brianlala

game not loading "not available"

Post by brianlala »

Hello,

I downloaded the game about 30 minutes ago and installed it. I also patched to 4.50 via the auto updater as mentioned the the main message board page. The problem is that whenever I click "play" or "play classic cc4" from the matrix games start up menu I get a message titled "close combat error" which says "not available".

I've never had a problem getting any of the other numerous Matrix Games software that I've bought to work (including the other 2 Close Combats from Matrix Games). My system specs are: Windows XP, core 2 duo T9300 processor, and a geforce 8400M GS Nvidia graphics card.

I've attempted some of the usual fixes to get the game to work like reinstalling it several times and entering my serial number again or restarting my computer but nothing seems to work. Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong? I'm downloading the game for a third time right now in the chance that something was wrong with my two previous downloads from matrix games but other than that I am out of ideas. Any help would be much appreciated.
brianlala

RE: game not loading "not available"

Post by brianlala »

I solved my problem and I'll post the solution in case anyone else experiences.

Apparently many moons ago I had changed the hardware acceleration settings on my computer to play some old dos or earlier windows games. I right-clicked, then selected "properties", then selected "settings", then selected "advanced", then selected the "troubleshoot" tab, and pushed "hardware acceleration" to full which cured my close combat IV troubles.

Now the game plays great and I can delve into another fun matrix title (my ninth!!!).
Andrew Williams

Post by Andrew Williams »

Great news

thanks

Attachments
A0053.jpg
A0053.jpg (124.21 KiB) Viewed 91 times
ImageImage
Platoon_Michael

Post by Platoon_Michael »

Wasnt sure where to post this.

When switching back and forth from the game to my desktop (via the windows key)
I had lost sound twice and once the end battle screen had moved down and to the left,not allowing me to use the next button.

Return to “Tech Support”